Package TextLint for Debian?

Thomas Koch
Hi,

I've just found textlint for Emacs[1] and wondered, whether it could be
packaged for Debian (or any other Distro). Unfortunately the Git repo does not
contain the source code of textlint but only several binaries. So I wondered
whether all the textlint logic happens locally or whether the plugin contacts
a textlint server?

[1] https://github.com/DamienCassou/textlint

Even if the textlint source code would be available, it seems that textlint
depends on Pharo, which also isn't packaged for Debian. Is that right? I don't
know anything about Smalltalk, so I can't package Pharo myself, but I'd be
happy to help if somebody of you would be interested to package it.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Re: Package TextLint for Debian?

Damien Cassou
Dear Thomas,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Thomas Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just found textlint for Emacs[1] and wondered, whether it could be
> packaged for Debian (or any other Distro). Unfortunately the Git repo does not
> contain the source code of textlint but only several binaries. So I wondered
> whether all the textlint logic happens locally or whether the plugin contacts
> a textlint server?
>
> [1] https://github.com/DamienCassou/textlint
>
> Even if the textlint source code would be available, it seems that textlint
> depends on Pharo, which also isn't packaged for Debian. Is that right? I don't
> know anything about Smalltalk, so I can't package Pharo myself, but I'd be
> happy to help if somebody of you would be interested to package it.

I'm really interested in getting TextLint distributed as a debian and
ubuntu packages. If you can lead this, I will help you as much as I
can. I don't think you need a package for Pharo itself. Just try to
create a package from what is on github: the pharo image + VM + bash
and emacs scripts. You can send me private emails.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Package TextLint for Debian?

Jorge Ressia
Hi Thomas,

I agree with Damien. If you need a hand I am willing to help.

Cheers,

www.jorgeressia.com