Package Version Number?

Jerome Chan
Can the package system be extended to use version numbers? At the office
we have a 2 setups, one of which is using 4.0.1.1 and the other is using
4.0.1.3. Packages created using 4.0.1.3 can't be read by 4.0.1.1. I know
I should have upgraded both systems to the same patch level but didn't
so I spent half a day wondering why one package file seems to cause an
error whenever its being read in. A version check imforming me that I
need to upgrade before being able to read in the package would be nice!

Re: Package Version Number?

David Gorisek
With Source Tracking System you can mix Dolphin versions when packages are
stored/versioned in the repository. So if a package is stored in the STS
repository you can load it with either 4.0.1.1 or 4.0.1.3 image. See it at:

http://www.gorisek.com

If you decide to use it then send e-mail to also get an old version of STS
via e-mail so that you will be able to use it with old and new version of
Dolphin.

Best regards,

David

news:[hidden email]...