Package names and illegal file names

Nicolas Cellier
I presume I am not the first to complain :
we must enforce rules for package naming.

For example
'Issue 3191: SparseLargeArray-MarcusDenker.2.mcz'
has both a colon and an horizontal tabulation.

It's screwing windows users (no possibility to update the system)
because such filename is illegal.

Nicolas

Re: Package names and illegal file names

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 3, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> I presume I am not the first to complain :
> we must enforce rules for package naming.
>
> For example
> 'Issue 3191: SparseLargeArray-MarcusDenker.2.mcz'
> has both a colon and an horizontal tabulation.
>
> It's screwing windows users (no possibility to update the system)
> because such filename is illegal.

There is an issue for that:

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Package names and illegal file names

YEEEEEEEEEES
I'm fed up.
I got burnt several by $%^&* copy and paste of people

On Feb 3, 2011, at 8:41 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> I presume I am not the first to complain :
> we must enforce rules for package naming.
>
> For example
> 'Issue 3191: SparseLargeArray-MarcusDenker.2.mcz'
> has both a colon and an horizontal tabulation.
>
> It's screwing windows users (no possibility to update the system)
> because such filename is illegal.
>
> Nicolas

Re: Package names and illegal file names

Igor Stasenko
On 3 February 2011 09:10, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> YEEEEEEEEEES
> I'm fed up.
> I got burnt several by $%^&* copy and paste of people

+1 .. a small snippet of code putted in right place to validate the name
could save us a lot of time..

Same applied to author's name..

--
Best regards,