Package reference in Monticello

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

Is it possible to reference a 'package with tag' as a package in a Monticello configuration? Such packages don't have a folder in filetree, so, for example:

Package1-Tag1
Package1-Tag2

There will be only one folder in filetree named Package1 and classes from Package1-Tag1 and Package1-Tag2 will be inside Package1and have, respectivelly, category Package1-Tag1 and Package1-Tag2. If I wanna use Iceberg, Git and reference Package1-Tag1 and Package1-Tag2 as packages in a Monticello spec, will I have to promote them to a full Packages?

Cheers,
VItor

Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.

Re: Package reference in Monticello

EstebanLM
Hi,

On 29 Dec 2017, at 03:00, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to reference a 'package with tag' as a package in a Monticello configuration?

nope. Monticello allows monticello granularity (which currently is 1 package = 1 monticello package.

Such packages don't have a folder in filetree, so, for example:

Package1-Tag1
Package1-Tag2

There will be only one folder in filetree named Package1 and classes from Package1-Tag1 and Package1-Tag2 will be inside Package1and have, respectivelly, category Package1-Tag1 and Package1-Tag2. If I wanna use Iceberg, Git and reference Package1-Tag1 and Package1-Tag2 as packages in a Monticello spec, will I have to promote them to a full Packages?

yes, you will need to promote tags as full packages.

cheers,
Esteban