PackageBrowser problem in 4.0

Bob Jarvis
If you drag a loose method into a package the package does not get
marked as 'changed'.  The method does properly show up as belonging to
the package in a class browser, and does correctly show up in the
the 'Loose Methods' tab in the package browser.  If a new package
browser is opened the subject package still isn't marked as changed.
--
Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re: PackageBrowser problem in 4.0

Andy Bower
Bob,

> If you drag a loose method into a package the package does not get
> marked as 'changed'.  The method does properly show up as belonging to
> the package in a class browser, and does correctly show up in the
> the 'Loose Methods' tab in the package browser.  If a new package
> browser is opened the subject package still isn't marked as changed.

Seems okay at this end. Can you give exact details as to how to reproduce
this? Are you at Patch Level 1?

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk Wiki Web
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

Re: PackageBrowser problem in 4.0

Bob Jarvis
> > If you drag a loose method into a package the package does not get
> > marked as 'changed'.  The method does properly show up as belonging
> > the package in a class browser, and does correctly show up in the
> > the 'Loose Methods' tab in the package browser.  If a new package
> > browser is opened the subject package still isn't marked as changed.
>
> Seems okay at this end. Can you give exact details as to how to
reproduce
> this? Are you at Patch Level 1?

I'm at PL1.  Here's how to reproduce the problem:

1.  Create a new package called 'TestPackage'.
2.  Add a method to an existing class (I created
ViewState>>aStupidTestMethod).
3.  Drag aStupidTestMethod from the class hierarchy browser to the
package browser, and drop it over TestPackage.

Note that TestPackage does not have its 'changed' indicator flag (the
nice little red arrow - nice feature, BTW!) shown in the left column.
I think it should since the package has actually been changed by the
addition of this new method.  aStupidTestMethod does show up properly
on the "Loose Methods" tab of the package browser.

Also note that if you create a new class, drag it to the package
browser, and drop it on TestPackage the package's 'changed' flag is set
properly.