PackageCacheTest failing

Tudor Girba
Hi,

It looks like we have one failing test.

This is due to the fact that somehow we have a new Collections package in our image, and because of that counting the amount of packages in the cache fails. This is:
a PackageInfo(Collections-CharacterMap)

In a previous image, we did not have that even though the base image is just the same. Does anyone know where this comes from?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: PackageCacheTest failing

Simon Denier-3

On 24 oct. 2010, at 10:26, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like we have one failing test.
>
> This is due to the fact that somehow we have a new Collections package in our image, and because of that counting the amount of packages in the cache fails. This is:
> a PackageInfo(Collections-CharacterMap)
>
> In a previous image, we did not have that even though the base image is just the same. Does anyone know where this comes from?

Apparently, this is a dependency coming from XMLSupport. CharacterMap is referenced in class-side initializer.

The package dependency was a bit difficult to track down, it is actually a monticello required package of XML-Parser.

I guess we should just update the test (although I would like the dependency to CharacterMap to appear in the Configuration, rather than as a required package)

Name: XML-Parser-JAAyer.97
Author: JAAyer
Time: 23 October 2010, 12:38:30 pm
UUID: 9b2bd823-569f-447a-a7bc-a8c9fd474f5f
Ancestors: XML-Parser-JAAyer.96
Dependencies: Collections-CharacterMap-JAAyer.1

* #qualifiedName is deprecated; #name suffices.

* Refactored XMLNodeTest and XMLNestedStreamReader

* CharacterMap is now bundled separately.

--
 Simon

Re: PackageCacheTest failing

Tudor Girba
Great finding!

Indeed, I was confused by the fact that the Collections-CharacterMap package has no attached repository.

I now fixed the test, and the build is back to green.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Oct 2010, at 11:18, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 24 oct. 2010, at 10:26, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like we have one failing test.
>>
>> This is due to the fact that somehow we have a new Collections package in our image, and because of that counting the amount of packages in the cache fails. This is:
>> a PackageInfo(Collections-CharacterMap)
>>
>> In a previous image, we did not have that even though the base image is just the same. Does anyone know where this comes from?
>

> Apparently, this is a dependency coming from XMLSupport. CharacterMap is referenced in class-side initializer.
>
> The package dependency was a bit difficult to track down, it is actually a monticello required package of XML-Parser.
>
> I guess we should just update the test (although I would like the dependency to CharacterMap to appear in the Configuration, rather than as a required package)
>

> Name: XML-Parser-JAAyer.97
> Author: JAAyer
> Time: 23 October 2010, 12:38:30 pm
> UUID: 9b2bd823-569f-447a-a7bc-a8c9fd474f5f
> Ancestors: XML-Parser-JAAyer.96
> Dependencies: Collections-CharacterMap-JAAyer.1
>
> * #qualifiedName is deprecated; #name suffices.
>
> * Refactored XMLNodeTest and XMLNestedStreamReader
>
> * CharacterMap is now bundled separately.
>

> --
> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."