PackageInfo>>methods

NorbertHartl
Hi,

I have a problem saving my project with Monticello.
In

PackageInfo>>methods
        ^ (self extensionMethods, self coreMethods) select: [:method |
                method isValid
                        and: [method isLocalSelector]
                        and: [method methodSymbol isDoIt not]]

the call isLocalSelector doesn't succeed. There is no isLocalSelector
in MethodReference. I use PackageInfo from squeak 3.9-final and
Monticello from squeakmap (latest).

I'm wondering that nobody has this problem.

regards,

Norbert

RE: PackageInfo>>methods

Gary Chambers-4
Also had some problems with PackageInfo (18) off SqueakMap. Looks like a lot
of older revesion methods crept in causing Monticello to include all the
(instance) methods on the Trait class with my package. Needless to say it
was quite disastrous!

Got away with manually checking the versions of methods on PackageInfo and
taking the newest (except for those that called #allBehaviors).

Not very pleasant, overall!

Gary.

Re: PackageInfo>>methods

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Norbert,

The most recent version of Monticello on SqueakMap is tagged for
Squeak 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8.
Squeak 3.9 is delivered with Monticello. Of course, loading an old
version breaks. Why would you want to do this? We use Squeak 3.9 for
months in production now and didn't have any such problem.

Adrian

Why would you want to load an old
On Mar 28, 2007, at 18:14 , Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem saving my project with Monticello.
> In
>
> PackageInfo>>methods
> ^ (self extensionMethods, self coreMethods) select: [:method |
> method isValid
> and: [method isLocalSelector]
> and: [method methodSymbol isDoIt not]]
>
> the call isLocalSelector doesn't succeed. There is no isLocalSelector
> in MethodReference. I use PackageInfo from squeak 3.9-final and
> Monticello from squeakmap (latest).
>
> I'm wondering that nobody has this problem.
>
> regards,
>
> Norbert

Re: PackageInfo>>methods

NorbertHartl
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 21:46 +0200, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> The most recent version of Monticello on SqueakMap is tagged for
> Squeak 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8.
> Squeak 3.9 is delivered with Monticello. Of course, loading an old
> version breaks. Why would you want to do this? We use Squeak 3.9 for
> months in production now and didn't have any such problem.
>
> Adrian
>
> Why would you want to load an old

I just did an upgrade all packages via squeakmap. Maybe it should
be prevented to load an older package. I don't know.

Norbert

Re: PackageInfo>>methods

NorbertHartl
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 21:46 +0200, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> The most recent version of Monticello on SqueakMap is tagged for
> Squeak 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8.
> Squeak 3.9 is delivered with Monticello. Of course, loading an old
> version breaks. Why would you want to do this? We use Squeak 3.9 for
> months in production now and didn't have any such problem.

Do you know a way to restore the 3.9 version of Monticello?

Norbert

Re: PackageInfo>>methods

Adrian Lienhard
You could try to reload the new MC from source.squeakfoundation.org,
though, you'll not get around fixing stuff by hand because you need
MC for that. I suggest to create a fresh image.

Adrian