PackageOrganizer vs Package class side

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

I coded a bit with david today on the package support and I would like
to know what you think
about having Package class side methods for register, named: ...... vs
having and explicit separate class.

I'm tend towards having one single class.

Right now in Pharo packageInfo and PackageOrganizer responsibility are
not that clear.

Re: PackageOrganizer vs Package class side

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

I'm not sure I'm following what you mean by a single class.  I would probably go for a singleton manager and a package class with instances for each package.

Loosely related , it would be _really_ nice to be able to assign multiple categories to methods.

Bill

I coded a bit with david today on the package support and I would like to know what you think about having Package class side methods for register, named: ...... vs having and explicit separate class.

I'm tend towards having one single class.

Right now in Pharo packageInfo and PackageOrganizer responsibility are not that clear.

Re: PackageOrganizer vs Package class side

Stéphane Ducasse
After browsing more code I think that having a PackageOrganiser would
support better the migration of existing code.

Stef