Packages that load in Pharo [WAS] [Ann] RFB/VNC fully configurable by code.

Packages that load in Pharo [WAS] [Ann] RFB/VNC fully configurable by code.

Mariano Martinez Peck
Miguel created this page: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/PackagesTestedInPharo

so that we can add there all the packages that load (and work) ok in Pharo.

I trying to add some but I found a problem: there is a column called "Package version". I have a same project (for example SqueakDBX) with several Packages in the same monticello repository. There isn't a version for a repository, but for a package. So, what should I do if I have several packages?

Best,

Mariano

Re: Packages that load in Pharo [WAS] [Ann] RFB/VNC fully configurable by code.

keith1y
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Miguel created this page:
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/PackagesTestedInPharo
>
> so that we can add there all the packages that load (and work) ok in
> Pharo.
>
> I trying to add some but I found a problem: there is a column called
> "Package version". I have a same project (for example SqueakDBX) with
> several Packages in the same monticello repository. There isn't a
> version for a repository, but for a package. So, what should I do if I
> have several packages?
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano

This really isnt going to scale, why not just use universe or sake/packages

Keith

Re: Packages that load in Pharo [WAS] [Ann] RFB/VNC fully configurable by code.

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 12-08-2009 a las 20:17 -0100, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

> Miguel created this page:
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/PackagesTestedInPharo
>
> so that we can add there all the packages that load (and work) ok in
> Pharo.
>
> I trying to add some but I found a problem: there is a column called
> "Package version". I have a same project (for example SqueakDBX) with
> several Packages in the same monticello repository. There isn't a
> version for a repository, but for a package. So, what should I do if I
> have several packages?

Maybe, if you are using monticello configurations you can put the .mcm
version there, but I think that we shouldn't be so strict with this
page, isn't mean to document exactly what versions of each package but
to give an overall view about what runs correctly on Pharo.
I think that if the version isn't written, nothing bad will happen, the
message that the package works will arrive the destination (the
collective mind).
As I said, the page will be obsolete some time in the future and will be
necessary to delete it (so that we don't get wrong information on the
wiki as the squeak wiki). If during the initial phases of pharo life
bring some motivation to others to port other packages to pharo, that by
itself will be worth the effort.

This page is a temporal throw away page.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Packages that load in Pharo [WAS] [Ann] RFB/VNC fully configurable by code.

keith1y
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Miguel created this page:
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/PackagesTestedInPharo
>
> so that we can add there all the packages that load (and work) ok in
> Pharo.
>
> I trying to add some but I found a problem: there is a column called
> "Package version". I have a same project (for example SqueakDBX) with
> several Packages in the same monticello repository. There isn't a
> version for a repository, but for a package. So, what should I do if I
> have several packages?
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano

Please add your list of packages to PackagesPharo class in the
Packages-Library package in squeaksource.com/Packages

Keith

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Miguel created this page:
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/PackagesTestedInPharo
>
> so that we can add there all the packages that load (and work) ok in
> Pharo.
>
> I trying to add some but I found a problem: there is a column called
> "Package version". I have a same project (for example SqueakDBX) with
> several Packages in the same monticello repository. There isn't a
> version for a repository, but for a package. So, what should I do if I
> have several packages?
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano

Please add your list of packages to PackagesPharo class in the
Packages-Library package in squeaksource.com/Packages

Keith: I only see the class PackagesPharo01  not PackagesPharo but I guess it is that class. Isn't it?
Then, what should I do? just create a instance method for my project and call all those messages like name: version: etc ? like the others examples?

best,

Mariano

Keith

Re: Packages that load in Pharo [WAS] [Ann] RFB/VNC fully configurable by code.

keith1y

>     Please add your list of packages to PackagesPharo class in the
>     Packages-Library package in squeaksource.com/Packages
>     <http://squeaksource.com/Packages>
>

> Keith: I only see the class PackagesPharo01  not PackagesPharo but I
> guess it is that class. Isn't it?
> Then, what should I do? just create a instance method for my project
> and call all those messages like name: version: etc ? like the others
> examples?
>
> best,
>
> Mariano

That class is the one, its actual name awaits a change to match whatever
Pharo's release name will be.

Keith