classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Packaging Seaside for Raspberry

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

I have objects that have methods that are not explicitly called.  They are called from Seaside components with elements that are connected to the methods with #on:of: method calls.  I have added #packagerIncludeMethods that answers the
method names but that doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  What am I missing?

Lou

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/f082caa4-69b0-407b-bd5c-d303b63e8070n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Packaging Seaside for Raspberry

jtuchel
Lou

The brute force method I am using these days is to mark complete apps as "do not reduce". Works well and at least for our images, it doesn't really increase the image size a lot.
The plus side: no more fiddling once you introduce new such methods. Only if you add new Apps.

HTH

Joachim

[hidden email] schrieb am Sonntag, 20. September 2020 um 23:07:39 UTC+2:
Hi All,

I have objects that have methods that are not explicitly called.  They are called from Seaside components with elements that are connected to the methods with #on:of: method calls.  I have added #packagerIncludeMethods that answers the

Lou

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/0fdd22b8-3d42-460c-9d49-328471f77101n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Joachim,

That sounds good.  Thanks.  Exactly how does one do that?

Lou
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 3:00:03 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
Lou

The brute force method I am using these days is to mark complete apps as "do not reduce". Works well and at least for our images, it doesn't really increase the image size a lot.
The plus side: no more fiddling once you introduce new such methods. Only if you add new Apps.

HTH

Joachim

Hi All,

Lou

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/9ec75a9b-5d06-4e89-9ee2-c1e651ddea03n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

jtuchel
Hi Lou,

I am packaging a headless server image (XD Packaging) so I do it via the Packaged Image Browser, and add these entries to the Packaging Instruction using the menus there.
But you can also implement a class method on your Application, Look at this example from AbtXmlSchemaSupportApp class>>#packagingRulesFor:

packagingRulesFor: aPackagedImage
    "Classes in this application can be created dynamically via an XML file.  Therefore, do not reduce the contents of this
    application "

aPackagedImage doNotReduceSubApplicationNamed: self symbol

I guess this says it all.

Joachim

[hidden email] schrieb am Montag, 21. September 2020 um 15:12:24 UTC+2:
Hi Joachim,

Lou
Lou

HTH

Joachim

Hi All,

Lou

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/de903fd2-7293-4144-a42e-2b7a9c32816dn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Joachim ,

I knew this.  I have been away from Seaside packaging for awhile and I'm getting old.  I have a list of apps to package and I am running that list and telling the packager not to reduce them.  I had added a new app and forgot all about adding it to the list.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Lou

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 2:45:21 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Lou,

I am packaging a headless server image (XD Packaging) so I do it via the Packaged Image Browser, and add these entries to the Packaging Instruction using the menus there.
But you can also implement a class method on your Application, Look at this example from AbtXmlSchemaSupportApp class>>#packagingRulesFor:

"Classes in this application can be created dynamically via an XML file.  Therefore, do not reduce the contents of this
    application "

Joachim

Hi Joachim,

Lou
Lou

HTH

Joachim

Hi All,

Lou

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/b963db4c-5350-4836-bc98-cde13bf41943n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

jtuchel
Lou,

I am glad I could help. Normally I just ask silly questios ;-)

Joachim

[hidden email] schrieb am Dienstag, 22. September 2020 um 15:38:37 UTC+2:
Hi Joachim ,

I knew this.  I have been away from Seaside packaging for awhile and I'm getting old.  I have a list of apps to package and I am running that list and telling the packager not to reduce them.  I had added a new app and forgot all about adding it to the list.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Lou

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 2:45:21 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Lou,

application "

Joachim

Hi Joachim,

Lou
Lou

HTH

Joachim

Hi All,

Lou

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/0bd75cf1-2d5c-43a4-a124-4888e6471391n%40googlegroups.com.