Packaging Seaside for Raspberry

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

I have objects that have methods that are not explicitly called.  They are called from Seaside components with elements that are connected to the methods with #on:of: method calls.  I have added #packagerIncludeMethods that answers the
method names but that doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  What am I missing?

Lou

Re: Packaging Seaside for Raspberry

jtuchel
Lou

The brute force method I am using these days is to mark complete apps as "do not reduce". Works well and at least for our images, it doesn't really increase the image size a lot.
The plus side: no more fiddling once you introduce new such methods. Only if you add new Apps.

HTH

Joachim

[hidden email] schrieb am Sonntag, 20. September 2020 um 23:07:39 UTC+2:
Hi All,

I have objects that have methods that are not explicitly called.  They are called from Seaside components with elements that are connected to the methods with #on:of: method calls.  I have added #packagerIncludeMethods that answers the
method names but that doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  What am I missing?

Lou

Re: Packaging Seaside for Raspberry

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Joachim,

That sounds good.  Thanks.  Exactly how does one do that?

Lou
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 3:00:03 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Hi Lou,

I am packaging a headless server image (XD Packaging) so I do it via the Packaged Image Browser, and add these entries to the Packaging Instruction using the menus there.
But you can also implement a class method on your Application, Look at this example from AbtXmlSchemaSupportApp class>>#packagingRulesFor:

packagingRulesFor: aPackagedImage
    "Classes in this application can be created dynamically via an XML file.  Therefore, do not reduce the contents of this
    application "

    aPackagedImage doNotReduceSubApplicationNamed: self symbol

I guess this says it all.

Joachim

[hidden email] schrieb am Montag, 21. September 2020 um 15:12:24 UTC+2:
[...]

I knew this.  I have been away from Seaside packaging for awhile and I'm getting old.  I have a list of apps to package and I am running that list and telling the packager not to reduce them.  I had added a new app and forgot all about adding it to the list.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Lou

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 2:45:21 AM UTC-4 [hidden email] wrote:
[...]

I am glad I could help. Normally I just ask silly questios ;-)

Joachim