Packaging Seaside in 8.5

12

Re: Packaging Seaside in 8.5

Marten Feldtmann-2
Thomas,

not everything is broken - actually a workaround is posted at your blog.

One can still work with your ideas and I'm now reading all these posting from you and at the end I hope to have some build script to make a headless Seaside application just from Scripts by building IC's.

I had problems with some configuration expressions containing vaVersion. I think (I am not sure) - as I mentioned earlier executing #vaImage throws an exception here in my image - that loading configuration maps, where #vaVersion is used, can make problems.

I tried to load your config map with option required map, but actually nothing happend. Then I changed all configuration expressions to use #imageVersion and then I had no more trouble.

Re: Packaging Seaside in 8.5

Thomas Koschate-2
Well this is going to be fun.  There have been changes to EmSystemConfiguration>>#startUp as well as EmLibraryInterface class>>#startUp.

Tom

Re: Packaging Seaside in 8.5

Thomas Koschate-2
The workaround of using a pre-connected image strikes me as a temporary measure - I really want to be able to build from the stock, as-distributed image.

Unfortunately, changing expressions from #vaVersion to #imageVersion doesn't work if one wants to run VA versions in parallel.  Instantiations has provided me with a code fix, but it needs to be in the image before anything is done with config maps.

Tom

12