Packaging excludes my main GUI program window by reduction

Packaging excludes my main GUI program window by reduction

Louis LaBrunda

Hi Guys,

I'm upgrading my "InstallService" program (installs a Windows NT service) to VA Smalltalk v8.6.  I made an few simple changes like adding an option for "Automatic (Delayed Start)" but not much else.  I package using the "Make Executable" button like always.  I have also upgraded other GUI's to v8.6 and packaged them without a problem.  So, I'm sure v8.6 is not the problem.

The "classes.es" files shows "InstallServiceWindow excluded [by reduction]".  That is the main window I select when I start the packaging, it should be included.  How it gets excluded is a mystery.  I have checked the prerequisites in the Application Manager and they seem fine.  I expect I've done something dumb but can't think of what it could be.

Lou

Re: Packaging excludes my main GUI program window by reduction

Louis LaBrunda

Silly me.  I forgot I used special packaging instructions for this GUI program.  All I had to do was package it with the special sauce and everything worked fine.  Sorry for the noise.

Lou