Packaging question

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

I'm developing a small library named Chrysal (to be announced when
ready - the successor of Cocoon) that supports configuration files
(and conversion of strings into our lovely objects).

The idea is that based on description objects, a class is generated
statically with all the conversion logic.
Now a configuration for an App is a subclass of one minimal class
called ChrysalConfiguration.
and this class is packaged into the ChrysalRuntime package this is the
only thing needed (I could remove it by automatically recompiling even
more code but looks a bit terrible at the end).

Now my question.
Should I propose two BaselineOfs? One for the Generator and one for the Runtime?
I thought so. And generator should depend on the runtime.

Re: Packaging question

Guillermo Polito
Well, one baseline with many groups or many baselines would like... From a metacello perspective, I'd do one baseline with several groups, because if both are in the same repo, there is no nice way to reference each other, other than hardcoding paths.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:19 PM, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Packaging question

Stephane Ducasse-3
Ok I will go for the compile time and remove the package so that this is even more stupid to manage.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:24 PM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:+33%206%2052%2070%2066%2013" value="+33652706613" target="_blank">+33 06 52 70 66 13