Packaging warnings

jtuchel
This is not so much a question or bug report, but I'd like to hear a few opinions on this.

With the latest VAST version I get more and more warning due to unimplemented methods. There have been a few unimplemented methods in GLORP, like #descending and #desc that lead to quite a few warnings in the packager, and pof course also in SmallLint checks.

With the latest additions of the deprecated: sends in quite a few places in Glorp, I now see hundreds of warnings like #sunset not being implemented.

Sure, there is the option of adding packaging rules. But I don't really like that and it is not a solution for SmallLint.

So what do people think about implementing a few dummy methods somewhere in Glorp that make the packager and Lint a bit happier?

Joachim

Re: Packaging warnings

Esteban A. Maringolo
Regarding selectors that are converted to functions or operators such
as desc, avg, etc, I got some of those warnings in Pharo, so I guess
that having a separate package implementing these missing methods
won't hurt.

I don't know if this adds to your response, but given that Glorp is
primarily developed in VW and then ported to VAST and other dialects,
I'd like a joint force to start migrating it to use Grease as a
dialect neutral layer. There is a lot of love that can be added to the
code of Glorp.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo