Page title and end screen

laura
Hi all,
Have two quick questions
1) Where can i set the page title that shows on web browser tabs/windows?
2) How can i after manually ending a session, redirect the user to a page with a line msg (like "You have left.") that won't go away until he actively navigates to other page?

Best,
Laura

Re: Page title and end screen

Paul DeBruicker
1.

MyComponent>>#updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
        super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
        anHtmlRoot title: self title

2.
MySession>>#signOut
        self logSignOut.
        self signedInUser: UserModel new.
        self unregister.
        self requestContext redirectTo:self defaultDomain

laura wrote
Hi all,
Have two quick questions
1) Where can i set the page title that shows on web browser tabs/windows?
2) How can i after manually ending a session, redirect the user to a page
with a line msg (like "You have left.") that won't go away until he
actively navigates to other page?

Best,
Laura

Re: Page title and end screen

laura
Hi Paul
1. Excellent!
2. What i don't understand of #redirectTo:url , is what url to pass to show just a line of text. Should i instantiate a new component and somehow get its url? Is there some shortcut url to show just a line of text?
Best,
Laura

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
1.

MyComponent>>#updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
        super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
        anHtmlRoot title: self title

2.
MySession>>#signOut
        self logSignOut.
        self signedInUser: UserModel new.
        self unregister.
        self requestContext redirectTo:self defaultDomain

laura wrote
> Hi all,
> Have two quick questions
> 1) Where can i set the page title that shows on web browser tabs/windows?
> 2) How can i after manually ending a session, redirect the user to a page
> with a line msg (like "You have left.") that won't go away until he
> actively navigates to other page?
>
> Best,
> Laura

Re: Page title and end screen

Paul DeBruicker
Oh I'm not sure I was thinking about just sending one line, like you asked about.

I'd just make a static page that had the 'you have left' messaging and leave it at that.  OR use Seaside-REST to show a component at whatever URL you want.

What's the value of your use case vs just using a dedicated "Thanks & come back soon" page?

To attempt the 'line of text' bit you maybe could just use

html anchor
  url:'javascript:{};'
  onClick: ((html jQuery expression:'a, button') remove) , ((html jQuery id:'myDiv') load html: [:h |h render: 'you have left']; onComplete: (html jQuery ajax callback:[self signOut])) ;
  with:'Sign out'

Which would remove all the anchors and buttons from the page, load your line into a div, and then run the sign out callback.

laura wrote
Hi Paul
1. Excellent!
2. What i don't understand of #redirectTo:url , is what url to pass to show
just a line of text. Should i instantiate a new component and somehow get
its url? Is there some shortcut url to show just a line of text?
Best,
Laura

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1.
>
> MyComponent>>#updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>         super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>         anHtmlRoot title: self title
>

> 2.
> MySession>>#signOut
>         self logSignOut.
>         self signedInUser: UserModel new.
>         self unregister.
>         self requestContext redirectTo:self defaultDomain
>

> laura wrote
> > Hi all,
> > Have two quick questions
> > 1) Where can i set the page title that shows on web browser tabs/windows?
> > 2) How can i after manually ending a session, redirect the user to a page
> > with a line msg (like "You have left.") that won't go away until he
> > actively navigates to other page?
> >
> > Best,
> > Laura

Re: Page title and end screen

laura
I'd just make a static page that had the 'you have left' messaging and leave
it at that.  OR use Seaside-REST to show a component at whatever URL you
want.

Ok. I'll go with the static page then.

What's the value of your use case vs just using a dedicated "Thanks & come
back soon" page?

The user is moving out of a kind of room because he either left or was kicked. I want to give feedback on the reason and on the success of the request.
Personally i don't like the "come back soon" msg. I find it imperative, i prefer a msg that highlights what one have to offer / why to come back. Yet perhaps this can't be said shortly enough, and also perhaps "come back soon" sounds nicer to native speakers than to me.

To attempt the 'line of text' bit you maybe could just use

That works nice too!

Love,
Laura