Page with alternate (when logged in) content?

Page with alternate (when logged in) content?

sergio_101

I am trying to follow along with the tutorial on setting up pier with
bootstrap(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.smallwiki/5911),
and i am getting lost here:

Now we start by adding the main page, just by clicking on main page. The
main page has an alternative look,
when we are logged in, because I do not want the pier navigation shown
when we are logged out. This is a new
component in Pier. I set it up with default (+contents+) and an alternate:
{{{<div class="jumbotron">
!!!Ingelogd
{{{</div></div>}}}
+contents+

+Sidebar+

i am not sure what is meant by 'an alternate look'.. is this something i
can control? different content being rendered depending on log state?

Thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: Page with alternate (when logged in) content?

Stephan Eggermont-3
>i am not sure what is meant by 'an alternate look'.. is this something i
>can control? different content being rendered depending on log state?

There are lots of navigation and editing links shown when you are logged in.
That needs a different look than the page for visitors.

Stephan

Re: Page with alternate (when logged in) content?

DiegoLont

Because of the use of margins in bootstrap, there is a difference between the div's you need when logged in and when not. Also we want to be able to select all pages when logged in, but do not want to show the site map when not logged in. So we created this component that is basically a normal document, but depending on wether you are logged on, it shows a different content. It is called “AltDoc logged in”. So you can add the by first selecting component, then selecting “AltDoc logged in”.

Diego

On 28 Jul 2014, at 11:34, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> i am not sure what is meant by 'an alternate look'.. is this something i
>> can control? different content being rendered depending on log state?
>
> There are lots of navigation and editing links shown when you are logged in.
> That needs a different look than the page for visitors.
>
> Stephan

Re: Page with alternate (when logged in) content?

sergio_101
okay.. this is where i am stuck. i am not seeing "AltDoc logged in" anywhere.. let me take a closer look.

thanks!