Pallets

KenDickey
Greetings,

I have been playing around with pallets, which are essentially parts bins.  Just grab a graphic and drag.

Not much there as yet, but kind of fun.

This is prototype code, but if someone thinks it useful...

  https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps

File: Morphic-Display-Pallet.pck.st

See examples in the class side of ImagePallet.

Good on ya,
-KenD

capture7625.png (596K) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Pallets

Casey Ransberger-2
Hey Ken, this is really cool! I was actually going to do something like this on that lazy Sunday that never came. I especially like that you did a color picker (we've been without the [awful] one from Squeak.) It would be nice to have a color picker again. Reading your code now, thinking about it. Will write back with any feedback if lightbulbs go off in my head.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings,

I have been playing around with pallets, which are essentially parts bins.  Just grab a graphic and drag.

Not much there as yet, but kind of fun.

This is prototype code, but if someone thinks it useful...

  https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps

File:   Morphic-Display-Pallet.pck.st

See examples in the class side of ImagePallet.

Good on ya,
-KenD

CALIFORNIA
H  U  M  A  N

Re: Pallets

garduino
Hi Ken!!

Really cool, again code to learn from (to my at least)!! Thanks for sharing.

I guess this could be a step for another more important project ;)

2013/9/15 Ken Dickey <[hidden email]>
Greetings,

I have been playing around with pallets, which are essentially parts bins.  Just grab a graphic and drag.

Not much there as yet, but kind of fun.

This is prototype code, but if someone thinks it useful...

  https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps

File:   Morphic-Display-Pallet.pck.st

See examples in the class side of ImagePallet.

Good on ya,
-KenD

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: Pallets

KenDickey
On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:20:27 -0700
Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Reading your code now, thinking about
> it. Will write back with any feedback if
> lightbulbs go off in my head.

Thanks for thoughtful reading.

The good thing about all of our code is that it is just like a pallet -- anyone pick it up and do something with it.

Thanks again to Juan for showing a simpler way.  From drag-n-drop morph to parts-bin with a single, one line, method.  That is a hard act to follow.

How lean can we be and still have a rich, vibrant enviroment?

That is well worth thinking about.

Thanks again Juan!
-KenD

-KenD

Re: Pallets

Juan Vuletich-4
Thanks Ken! Cool stuff.

(inline)

On 9/15/2013 12:27 PM, Ken.Dickey wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:20:27 -0700
> Casey Ransberger<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Reading your code now, thinking about
>> it. Will write back with any feedback if
>> lightbulbs go off in my head.
> Thanks for thoughtful reading.
>
> The good thing about all of our code is that it is just like a pallet -- anyone pick it up and do something with it.
>
> Thanks again to Juan for showing a simpler way.  From drag-n-drop morph to parts-bin with a single, one line, method.  That is a hard act to follow.
>
> How lean can we be and still have a rich, vibrant enviroment?
>
> That is well worth thinking about.

Indeed. That's an excellent question. And a great guiding principle when
looking for stuff to remove / clean / simplify just for the fun of doing
it, and the joy of getting closer to that ideal.

> Thanks again Juan!
> -KenD

Thank you Ken. The way you use Cuis and share what you do is just great.
It is the kind of thing that makes the effort of publishing it worthwhile.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich