Paragraph, TextComposer, MultiCompositionScanner ... is there a backgrounder somewhere?

1 message Options

Paragraph, TextComposer, MultiCompositionScanner ... is there a backgrounder somewhere?

philippeback
I have been spending a while on how text gets composited (I want a TextMorph and associated editor that works my way and has nothing to do with SmalltalkEditor).

The point is to display/edit reasonably simple math equations.

Of course, I am running into text composition at one point. I could display using various morphs instead but I want to do it this way since it also helps me with another project where text is the focus (and links etc).

I have looked around quite a bit.

Is there a backgrounder on those matters or am I to use the debugger for ages trying to grok it?

TIA
Phil