Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Travis CI

OpenSmalltalk / opensmalltalk-vm

branch icon Cog

build has passed
Build #1256 passed
arrow to build duration

clock icon 1 hour, 44 minutes, and 21 seconds

Fabio Niephaus avatarFabio Niephaus

Allow Sista+Lowcode vms to fail on Travis/AppVeyor

Want to know about upcoming build environment updates?

Would you like to stay up-to-date with the upcoming Travis CI build environment updates? We set up a mailing list for you!

SIGN UP HERE
book icon

Documentation about Travis CI

This email was sent to [hidden email]    unsubscribe from this list

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Nicolas Cellier

Kudos to Fabio!
He masters the cloud technology and is producing all the background work for months! See the commit list...

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Nicolas Cellier

Hi Fabio,
Great!
Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
What Pharo folks think?

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:42 PM Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Fabio,
Great!
Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
What Pharo folks think?

I'm afraid the pre-release is already done. But if this PR is merged soon it will be part of the next one and to test the PR, bleeding edge VMs from Bintray can be used. Hope that makes sense.

Fabio

[...]

alistairgrant

On 5 April 2018 at 15:42, Nicolas Cellier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
> Great!
> Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
> What Pharo folks think?

I was planning to merge this in the next hour or two.  Esteban can
always choose to use the earlier build. :-)

Cheers,
Alistair

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
> Great!
> Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
> What Pharo folks think?

I was planning to merge this in the next hour or two.  Esteban can
always choose to use the earlier build. :-)

I'm wondering: what decision does Esteban have to make here? He hasn't commented on the PR or replied on the mailing list.

Cheers,
Fabio

Cheers,
Alistair

>> I'm glad CI is passing again and we've made some great improvements recently. The build after this one generated another pre-release which I'm going to announce in a separate email now :)
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 9:02 PM Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Kudos to Fabio!
>>> He masters the cloud technology and is producing all the background work for months! See the commit list...

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Guillermo Polito

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Fabio,
Great!
Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
What Pharo folks think?

Pablo has enabled a job that tests the pharo build using the latest VM

This job uses latest vm to
 - run the Pharo image build
   - this tests general command line access
   - installation of all basic packages
   - then loading the full IDE (big baseline that takes the image from 10MB to ~40MB)
 - run the entire Pharo test suite

Pablo has also tested on OSX and it seems that it removes some compator issues

Build is working, so I'd say that's pretty good news. Chapeau to everybody :)

[...]

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

On 5 April 2018 at 15:50, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Fabio,
>> Great!
>> Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
>> What Pharo folks think?
>

> Pablo has enabled a job that tests the pharo build using the latest VM
>
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1172
>
> This job uses latest vm to
>  - run the Pharo image build
>    - this tests general command line access
>    - installation of all basic packages
>    - then loading the full IDE (big baseline that takes the image from 10MB to ~40MB)
>  - run the entire Pharo test suite
>
> Pablo has also tested on OSX and it seems that it removes some compator issues
>
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1172/commits/b8041406664165a1d0f6238c1feaee7469992e56

I think this is a great idea - between them the automated test suite
and bootstrap process really test the VM and image.

But how can I tell which VM has been used?  Looking at pipeline.log
there's nothing that appears to be VM version information (the image
hash is easy to find).

Thanks!
Alistair

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Eliot Miranda-2

> On Apr 5, 2018, at 8:45 AM, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 5 April 2018 at 15:50, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Fabio,
>>> Great!
>>> Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
>>> What Pharo folks think?
>>

>> Pablo has enabled a job that tests the pharo build using the latest VM
>>
>> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1172
>>
>> This job uses latest vm to
>> - run the Pharo image build
>>   - this tests general command line access
>>   - installation of all basic packages
>>   - then loading the full IDE (big baseline that takes the image from 10MB to ~40MB)
>> - run the entire Pharo test suite
>>
>> Pablo has also tested on OSX and it seems that it removes some compator issues
>>
>> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1172/commits/b8041406664165a1d0f6238c1feaee7469992e56
>>

> I think this is a great idea - between them the automated test suite
> and bootstrap process really test the VM and image.
>
> But how can I tell which VM has been used?  Looking at pipeline.log
> there's nothing that appears to be VM version information (the image
> hash is easy to find).

Can Pablo add a pharovm --version invocation immediately before the invocation that starts the bootstrap?

> Thanks!
> Alistair

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Guillermo Polito

I've just done it myself. Let's wait it for build.

Build in progress here:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/Test%20pending%20pull%20request%20and%20branch%20Pipeline/job/PR-1172/

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Clément Béra

Congratulations everyone.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:50 PM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Fabio,
Great!
Should we include https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/232 in this pre-release?
What Pharo folks think?

Pablo has enabled a job that tests the pharo build using the latest VM

This job uses latest vm to
 - run the Pharo image build
   - this tests general command line access
   - installation of all basic packages
   - then loading the full IDE (big baseline that takes the image from 10MB to ~40MB)
 - run the entire Pharo test suite

Pablo has also tested on OSX and it seems that it removes some compator issues

Build is working, so I'd say that's pretty good news. Chapeau to everybody :)

Looks good.

Does it include FFI call-backs ? You're using git, aren't you ?

Does the job also promote the VM from latest to stable ? Would that be a good idea ?

Thanks for doing this.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

It does run tests... Which may include ffi calls. Not sure about callbacks.
We are not using iceberg to load anything inside the build. Just loading iceberg.

Does the job also promote the VM from latest to stable ? Would that be a good idea ?

I think that this should be for the moment a manual step, I would do some more aggresive tests for an automatic deploy, otherwise It scares me a bit.

Thanks for doing this.

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

Guillermo Polito

So the build went green

This is our CI output.

[32] + wget -O- get.pharo.org/vmLatest70
[32] --2018-04-06 09:52:14--  http://get.pharo.org/vmLatest70
[32] Resolving get.pharo.org (get.pharo.org)... 164.132.235.17, 2001:41d0:301::23
[32] Connecting to get.pharo.org (get.pharo.org)|164.132.235.17|:80... connected.
[32] HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
[32] Length: 5330 (5.2K)
[32] Saving to: ‘STDOUT’
[32]
[32]      0K .....                                                 100%  621M=0s
[32]
[32] 2018-04-06 09:52:14 (621 MB/s) - written to stdout [5330/5330]
[32]
[32] Downloading the latest pharoVM:
[32] 	http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-linux-latest.zip
[32] pharo-vm/pharo
[32] Creating starter scripts pharo and pharo-ui
[32] + ./pharo --version
[32] 5.0-201804051426  Thu Apr  5 14:30:24 UTC 2018 gcc 4.8 [Production Spur VM]
[32] CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2361 uuid: 7ca2f89a-de70-422f-b92b-54f91ac4e47b Apr  5 2018
[32] StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2361 uuid: 7ca2f89a-de70-422f-b92b-54f91ac4e47b Apr  5 2018
[32] VM: 201804051426 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $
[32] Date: Thu Apr 5 16:26:17 2018 +0200 $ CommitHash: 3421494 $
[32] Plugins: 201804051426 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $
[32] Linux travis-job-6961e58c-78ae-4270-a4ec-30392134a2f6 4.4.0-101-generic #124~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 10 19:05:36 UTC 2017 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux
[32] plugin path: /builds/workspace/and_branch_Pipeline_PR-1172-4HG6RBW3FN47CRQQ6JBYLSGMXJ35QR3Q43NTWXF5BJPCIKEFDRMQ@2/32/vmtarget/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201804051426 [default: /builds/workspace/and_branch_Pipeline_PR-1172-4HG6RBW3FN47CRQQ6JBYLSGMXJ35QR3Q43NTWXF5BJPCIKEFDRMQ@2/32/vmtarget/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201804051426/]

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Travis CI <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Passed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1256 (Cog - 29f50cf)

tesonep@gmail.com

That build is in Linux, in OSX it also has worked, using this VM:

+ ./pharo --version

2018-04-06 10:59:41.557 Pharo[21522:694789] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/jd/pycwv8ps1bj6jvqbgw51vhd80000gn/T/org.pharo.Pharo.savedState

5.0 5.0.201804051426 Mac OS X built on Apr  5 2018 14:36:12 UTC Compiler: 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 7.3.0 (clang-703.0.31) [Production Spur VM]

Date: Thu Apr 5 16:26:17 2018 +0200 $ CommitHash: 3421494 $

Plugins: 201804051426 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $

Cheers,
Pablo

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Pablo Tesone.
[hidden email]