Password sent in clear text in Welcome e-mail?

Password sent in clear text in Welcome e-mail?

basilmir
Hello everyone,

I'm not exactly complaing but I just had my list password e-mailed to me in clear text in Welcome.

Good thing I chose one of my lesser important strong passwords. Just wanted to let you know this isn't exactly what one wants when choosing and using a password!

It was about time I trashed it anyway. _______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Password sent in clear text in Welcome e-mail?

Philippe Marschall
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Mircea S. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm not exactly complaing but I just had my list password e-mailed to me in clear text in Welcome.
>
> Good thing I chose one of my lesser important strong passwords. Just wanted to let you know this isn't exactly what one wants when choosing and using a password!

You're correct. However we don't run the mailinglists ourselves. I
believe to correct place place to raise the issue would be
[hidden email].

Cheers
Philippe