Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

I released Aida6.1-final.2 to SqueakSource with patches by Herbert and
Robert. Patches are as follows:

- WebDemo defaultIntroductionText link to /admin instead
  /admin.html, thanks Robert Shiplett for this patch
- WebDelayedField update lazy init this instvar to self, thanks Herbert
  Konig for the patch
- WebInplaceEditableText proprerlyFormatedValue ifNil ...
- AIDASite styleClass:  self style: nil. self style "to init new site
  immediatelly

Also AidaProfiling introduced, but finished only for VisualWorks. We
need volunteers to add profiling to Squeak/Pharo too.

New version is already included in Metacello ConfigurationOfAida.. What
I still don't know is what script to use for Metacello install on
Squeak. I managed to manually install latest ConfigurationOfAida-jm.7 by
Metacello from SqueakSource project MetacelloRepository, but how to make
an Installer script for that?

I tried:

Installer squeaksource
  project: 'MetacelloRepository';
  install: 'ConfigurationForAida'.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load.

But it doesn't work, Installer throws an exception because file is nil.
While loading Aida after manually loading ConfigurationOfAida works.
Problem is therefore only in Installer's part of script.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

Kjell Godo
Hello Janko

I would like to use AidaWeb on Dolphin Smalltalk for a web application.

It looks like you have gone far ahead on Pharo and VisualWorks but the
Dolphin version has stayed behind.

The Tutorial doesn't work on Dolphin.  The web addresses in the demo
are all broken.

I know my way around Dolphin but I don't know much about the web.  But
I would like to learn.

Can you help me to get the Dolphin version of AidaWeb going?

Or should I try using Seaside for Dolphin instead.

I would like to try to get AidaWeb going on Dolphin.  Is it realistic
for me to try with your help?

How long do you think it would take me to do it in hours? days? weeks?

What about porting the latest Pharo version to Dolphin?

2010/9/30 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Dear all,
>
> I released Aida6.1-final.2 to SqueakSource with patches by Herbert and
> Robert. Patches are as follows:
>
> - WebDemo defaultIntroductionText link to /admin instead
>  /admin.html, thanks Robert Shiplett for this patch
> - WebDelayedField update lazy init this instvar to self, thanks Herbert
>  Konig for the patch
> - WebInplaceEditableText proprerlyFormatedValue ifNil ...
> - AIDASite styleClass:  self style: nil. self style "to init new site
>  immediatelly
>
> Also AidaProfiling introduced, but finished only for VisualWorks. We
> need volunteers to add profiling to Squeak/Pharo too.
>
> New version is already included in Metacello ConfigurationOfAida.. What
> I still don't know is what script to use for Metacello install on
> Squeak. I managed to manually install latest ConfigurationOfAida-jm.7 by
> Metacello from SqueakSource project MetacelloRepository, but how to make
> an Installer script for that?
>
> I tried:
>
> Installer squeaksource
>  project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>  install: 'ConfigurationForAida'.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load.
>
> But it doesn't work, Installer throws an exception because file is nil.
> While loading Aida after manually loading ConfigurationOfAida works.
> Problem is therefore only in Installer's part of script.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

BrunoBB
Hi,

I have ported AIDA 6.0 to Dolphin (a couple a months ago), I can send you
the latest packages if you want it.

Regards,
Bruno

I would like to use AidaWeb on Dolphin Smalltalk for a web application.

It looks like you have gone far ahead on Pharo and VisualWorks but the
Dolphin version has stayed behind.

The Tutorial doesn't work on Dolphin.  The web addresses in the demo
are all broken.

I know my way around Dolphin but I don't know much about the web.  But
I would like to learn.

Can you help me to get the Dolphin version of AidaWeb going?

Or should I try using Seaside for Dolphin instead.

I would like to try to get AidaWeb going on Dolphin.  Is it realistic
for me to try with your help?

How long do you think it would take me to do it in hours? days? weeks?

What about porting the latest Pharo version to Dolphin?

2010/9/30 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Dear all,
>
> I released Aida6.1-final.2 to SqueakSource with patches by Herbert and
> Robert. Patches are as follows:
>
> - WebDemo defaultIntroductionText link to /admin instead
>  /admin.html, thanks Robert Shiplett for this patch
> - WebDelayedField update lazy init this instvar to self, thanks Herbert
>  Konig for the patch
> - WebInplaceEditableText proprerlyFormatedValue ifNil ...
> - AIDASite styleClass:  self style: nil. self style "to init new site
>  immediatelly
>
> Also AidaProfiling introduced, but finished only for VisualWorks. We
> need volunteers to add profiling to Squeak/Pharo too.
>
> New version is already included in Metacello ConfigurationOfAida.. What
> I still don't know is what script to use for Metacello install on
> Squeak. I managed to manually install latest ConfigurationOfAida-jm.7 by
> Metacello from SqueakSource project MetacelloRepository, but how to make
> an Installer script for that?
>
> I tried:
>
> Installer squeaksource
>  project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>  install: 'ConfigurationForAida'.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load.
>
> But it doesn't work, Installer throws an exception because file is nil.
> While loading Aida after manually loading ConfigurationOfAida works.
> Problem is therefore only in Installer's part of script.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Bruno,

Can we rather publish your port on download section of our website
http://www.aidaweb.si/download.html, so that it will be publicly
accessible to all Dolphiners interested?

Best regards
Janko

On 05. 10. 2010 15:43, Smalltalk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have ported AIDA 6.0 to Dolphin (a couple a months ago), I can send you
> the latest packages if you want it.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Janko,

Of course, I will send you the packages to your mail later today.

Regards,
Bruno

Can we rather publish your port on download section of our website
http://www.aidaweb.si/download.html, so that it will be publicly
accessible to all Dolphiners interested?

Best regards
Janko

On 05. 10. 2010 15:43, Smalltalk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have ported AIDA 6.0 to Dolphin (a couple a months ago), I can send you
> the latest packages if you want it.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Hi Kjell,

As you see Aida 6.0 will soon be be publicly released by Bruno and then
I think tutorial should work on Dolphin port as expected.

Welcome to the Aida world! :)
Janko

On 05. 10. 2010 04:31, Kjell Godo wrote:

> Hello Janko
>
> I would like to use AidaWeb on Dolphin Smalltalk for a web application.
>
> It looks like you have gone far ahead on Pharo and VisualWorks but the
> Dolphin version has stayed behind.
>
> The Tutorial doesn't work on Dolphin.  The web addresses in the demo
> are all broken.
>
> I know my way around Dolphin but I don't know much about the web.  But
> I would like to learn.
>
> Can you help me to get the Dolphin version of AidaWeb going?
>
> Or should I try using Seaside for Dolphin instead.
>
> I would like to try to get AidaWeb going on Dolphin.  Is it realistic
> for me to try with your help?
>
> How long do you think it would take me to do it in hours? days? weeks?
>
> What about porting the latest Pharo version to Dolphin?
>
> 2010/9/30 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I released Aida6.1-final.2 to SqueakSource with patches by Herbert and
>> Robert. Patches are as follows:
>>
>> - WebDemo defaultIntroductionText link to /admin instead
>>  /admin.html, thanks Robert Shiplett for this patch
>> - WebDelayedField update lazy init this instvar to self, thanks Herbert
>>  Konig for the patch
>> - WebInplaceEditableText proprerlyFormatedValue ifNil ...
>> - AIDASite styleClass:  self style: nil. self style "to init new site
>>  immediatelly
>>
>> Also AidaProfiling introduced, but finished only for VisualWorks. We
>> need volunteers to add profiling to Squeak/Pharo too.
>>
>> New version is already included in Metacello ConfigurationOfAida.. What
>> I still don't know is what script to use for Metacello install on
>> Squeak. I managed to manually install latest ConfigurationOfAida-jm.7 by
>> Metacello from SqueakSource project MetacelloRepository, but how to make
>> an Installer script for that?
>>
>> I tried:
>>
>> Installer squeaksource
>>  project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>  install: 'ConfigurationForAida'.
>>
>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load.
>>
>> But it doesn't work, Installer throws an exception because file is nil.
>> While loading Aida after manually loading ConfigurationOfAida works.
>> Problem is therefore only in Installer's part of script.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko
>>
>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> AIDA/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

Kjell Godo
Thank You!

2010/10/5 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>>>
>>> I tried:
>>>
>>> Installer squeaksource
>>>  project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>  install: 'ConfigurationForAida'.
>>>
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load.
>>>
>>> But it doesn't work, Installer throws an exception because file is nil.
>>> While loading Aida after manually loading ConfigurationOfAida works.
>>> Problem is therefore only in Installer's part of script.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Janko
>>>
>>> --
>>> Janko Mivšek
>>> AIDA/Web
>>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>>> http://www.aidaweb.si

> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Patched 6.1 released, how to Metacello install on Squeak?

Hi Bruno

Yes I want your AidaWeb 6.0 if it's not too much trouble.

If I can get it sooner via this route please send it to me.  Or you
can send it to picoVerse over at the gMail.  I will be going through
the AidaWeb tutorials.  Hopefully I can get them to work right.  I
might try to add a new tutorial or two if I can.  I would like to.
You can never have enough tutorials is my idea.

I have a stock and options portfolio leverage measuring program I
would like to put onto the internet using some kind of a grid.  I hope
there is a tutorial for that.  If not then perhaps i can make one.

2010/10/5 Smalltalk <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I have ported AIDA 6.0 to Dolphin (a couple a months ago), I can send you
> the latest packages if you want it.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Kjell, Bruno sent packages to me and I'll  put them on the website today.

Best regards
Janko

On 07. 10. 2010 01:02, Kjell Godo wrote:

> Hi Bruno
>
> Yes I want your AidaWeb 6.0 if it's not too much trouble.
>
> If I can get it sooner via this route please send it to me.  Or you
> can send it to picoVerse over at the gMail.  I will be going through
> the AidaWeb tutorials.  Hopefully I can get them to work right.  I
> might try to add a new tutorial or two if I can.  I would like to.
> You can never have enough tutorials is my idea.
>
> I have a stock and options portfolio leverage measuring program I
> would like to put onto the internet using some kind of a grid.  I hope
> there is a tutorial for that.  If not then perhaps i can make one.
>
> 2010/10/5 Smalltalk <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have ported AIDA 6.0 to Dolphin (a couple a months ago), I can send you
>> the latest packages if you want it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bruno

I will take it from the website.

2010/10/7 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Kjell, Bruno sent packages to me and I'll  put them on the website today.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> On 07. 10. 2010 01:02, Kjell Godo wrote:
>> Hi Bruno
>>
>> Yes I want your AidaWeb 6.0 if it's not too much trouble.
>>
>> If I can get it sooner via this route please send it to me.  Or you
>> can send it to picoVerse over at the gMail.  I will be going through
>> the AidaWeb tutorials.  Hopefully I can get them to work right.  I
>> might try to add a new tutorial or two if I can.  I would like to.
>> You can never have enough tutorials is my idea.
>>
>> I have a stock and options portfolio leverage measuring program I
>> would like to put onto the internet using some kind of a grid.  I hope
>> there is a tutorial for that.  If not then perhaps i can make one.
>>
>> 2010/10/5 Smalltalk <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have ported AIDA 6.0 to Dolphin (a couple a months ago), I can send you
>>> the latest packages if you want it.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bruno

As of yet the file on the download page still says:

aida-5.0-dolphin-beta.zip

I don't know if this is the new file yet.