Peeking Unconsumed Path

Torsten Bergmann
#peekRemaining?

Bye
T.

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit

Re: Peeking Unconsumed Path

Julian Fitzell-2
If we're being pedantic and want it to read like natural language, the
verb peek doesn't take a direct object in English... you can peek at
something but you can't peek something. "remaining" is probably better
than "rest" though since it's consistent with "next" (both
adjectives).

(btw, I don't really care... just idly passing the time in the airport)

Julian

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> #peekRemaining?
>
> Bye
> T.
>
> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit
> gratis Notebook-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Peeking Unconsumed Path

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 10/20/2010 01:47 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> If we're being pedantic and want it to read like natural language, the
> verb peek doesn't take a direct object in English... you can peek at
> something but you can't peek something. "remaining" is probably better
> than "rest" though since it's consistent with "next" (both
> adjectives).

Funny, I always thought of #next/#next: as a noun (they return "the
next" or "the next 5" items), consistently with "the contents" (or "the
rest").  #nextPut: on the other hand uses "next" as an adverb.

Anyway, #peekAtRest indeed sounds much better than the #peekRest name I
had suggested.

Paolo