Penelope the Monkey is wrong about email address validity

Penelope the Monkey is wrong about email address validity

Frank Shearar-3
Am I the only one to use an email address containing a . ? Penelope
doesn't recognise [hidden email] as a valid address, which is
unfortunate. I've registered with an old email address in the
meantime, but we'll want to flag this up as a problem with someone.

frank

Re: Penelope the Monkey is wrong about email address validity

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Thank you for the report

We are aware of this, but running out of time right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Ben

On Mar 27, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am I the only one to use an email address containing a . ? Penelope
doesn't recognise [hidden email] as a valid address, which is
unfortunate. I've registered with an old email address in the
meantime, but we'll want to flag this up as a problem with someone.

frank

Re: Penelope the Monkey is wrong about email address validity

Ben Coman
Frank Shearar wrote:
> Am I the only one to use an email address containing a . ? Penelope
> doesn't recognise [hidden email] as a valid address, which is
> unfortunate. I've registered with an old email address in the
> meantime, but we'll want to flag this up as a problem with someone.
>
> frank

I use emails with dots in the first part all the time.  Many businesses
use that format by default and it cannot be changed.
cheers -ben