Permancy of booklet links

Ben Coman

This link turned up in a google search on... Web Scraping Pharo, which is great,
but with the date I'm wondering how permanent the link is, for if I use it the respond to someone's question in a forum?

Will you be keeping years of pdfs?
For now I'll just use the directory url, but future missing files will frustrate user searches.

Perhaps a sitemap is needed (though I'm not familiar with the details)...

cheers -ben

Re: Permancy of booklet links

Stephane Ducasse-3
for now I will keep the versions and see.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 3:24 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This link turned up in a google search on... Web Scraping Pharo, which is
> great,
>
> http://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-Scraping/2017-09-29-scrapingbook.pdf
> but with the date I'm wondering how permanent the link is, for if I use it
> the respond to someone's question in a forum?
>
> Will you be keeping years of pdfs?
> For now I'll just use the directory url, but future missing files will
> frustrate user searches.
>
> Perhaps a sitemap is needed (though I'm not familiar with the details)...
> https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668?hl=en
>
> cheers -ben

Re: Permancy of booklet links

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
In the case of Grafoscopio Manual, the URL is fixed [1] and the manual
advices to use a unique identifier (version + revision) that appears in
the front page and in the low corner of each page to report issues [2].

[1]
http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Docs/En/Books/Manual/manual.pdf
[2] http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/ticket

Maybe this approach could be followed by other publications. We have
done it for the Spanish Data Driven Journalism Handbook [3]

[3] http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/mapeda/

Cheers,

Offray