Persisisting Data

Steven R. Baker
Hello,

I've deployed Pier to my web server, and started entering data. I accidentally hit Ctrl-C in the wrong window, taking down the squeak VM and losing all of my edits.

My Pier instance is running headless on my server, so I have a few questions. Does the Pier OneClick image have VNC running by default, so I can get in? How do I tell Pier to write its changes to disk immediately from the web interface? Where do I see the interval at which it does this automatically?

Also, has anyone done Disqus integration, or is that something I get to do? :)

Thanks,

-Steven

Re: Persisisting Data

Lukas Renggli
> My Pier instance is running headless on my server, so I have a few questions. Does the Pier OneClick image have VNC running by default, so I can get in?

No, you have to install and start it yourself:
http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/maintaining/vnc

> How do I tell Pier to write its changes to disk immediately from the web interface? Where do I see the interval at which it does this automatically?

http://localhost:8080/seaside/pier/systemmanagement/persistency

Make sure to set it to 'Image Persistency' before deployment.

There are some settings to choose, as well as you can trigger a
snapshot immediately.

> Also, has anyone done Disqus integration, or is that something I get to do? :)

Not that I know.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli