PetitMarkdown

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi,

I loaded PetitMarkdown from SS3 in Pharo 2.0 using

(ConfigurationOfPetitMarkdown project version: #bleedingEdge) load

which loaded

a MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(linear load :
        explicit load : 0.1-baseline [ConfigurationOfPetitMarkdown]
                load : ConfigurationOfPetitParser-TudorGirba.26
        linear load : 0.1-baseline [ConfigurationOfPetitMarkdown]
                atomic load : minimal [ConfigurationOfPetitParser]
                        load : PetitParser-lr.228
                        load : PetitTests-lr.43
                        load : PetitAnalyzer-lr.40
                load : PetitMarkdown-Nodes-IgorStasenko.12
                load : PetitMarkdown-Core-CamilloBruni.20
                load : PetitMarkdown-Tests-CamilloBruni.28)

I was trying to parse some real files

PPMarkdownParser parse: 'http://raw.github.com/svenvc/docs/master/neo/neo-json-paper.md' asZnUrl retrieveContents

this works, but gives me empty verbatim elements

while

PPMarkdownLineParser parse: 'http://raw.github.com/svenvc/docs/master/neo/neo-json-paper.md' asZnUrl retrieveContents

give me a

MessageNotUnderstood: PPMarkdownVerbatim>>appendIndentLine:in:

What am I doing wrong ? What is the difference between the two parsers ?

Also, what is the #visit: contract ?  I guess I could find out using trial and error…
Isn't there a simple example doing HTML conversion ?

Thx,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: PetitMarkdown

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2013-01-20, at 22:32, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I loaded PetitMarkdown from SS3 in Pharo 2.0 using
>
> (ConfigurationOfPetitMarkdown project version: #bleedingEdge) load
>
> which loaded
>
> a MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(linear load :
> explicit load : 0.1-baseline [ConfigurationOfPetitMarkdown]
> load : ConfigurationOfPetitParser-TudorGirba.26
> linear load : 0.1-baseline [ConfigurationOfPetitMarkdown]
> atomic load : minimal [ConfigurationOfPetitParser]
> load : PetitParser-lr.228
> load : PetitTests-lr.43
> load : PetitAnalyzer-lr.40
> load : PetitMarkdown-Nodes-IgorStasenko.12
> load : PetitMarkdown-Core-CamilloBruni.20
> load : PetitMarkdown-Tests-CamilloBruni.28)
>
> I was trying to parse some real files
>
> PPMarkdownParser parse: 'http://raw.github.com/svenvc/docs/master/neo/neo-json-paper.md' asZnUrl retrieveContents
>
> this works, but gives me empty verbatim elements
>
> while
>
> PPMarkdownLineParser parse: 'http://raw.github.com/svenvc/docs/master/neo/neo-json-paper.md' asZnUrl retrieveContents
>
> give me a
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: PPMarkdownVerbatim>>appendIndentLine:in:
>
> What am I doing wrong ? What is the difference between the two parsers ?
>
> Also, what is the #visit: contract ?  I guess I could find out using trial and error…
> Isn't there a simple example doing HTML conversion ?

buh, I should go and look into it: Damien started a new implementation to
overcome the limitations of the first implementations, but it wasn't fully
finished either. So right now we are left with two version that don't work
fully ;). So right know I can't even tell you directly.

I did a full markdown to html converter for WebDoc (which again I should
fully reactivate) which was based on PPMarkdownParser:

http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/webdoc.html