PetitParser Browser

Anne Etien
Hi,

Does anyone knows why when using PetitParser Browser, the debugger tab presents a tree composed of only one or maximum two elements (even if it enters more rules)?

Any help will be useful because debugging petitParser code is really hard.

Thanks.
Anne

Re: PetitParser Browser

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Could you give us a concrete example?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 14, 2016, at 6:21 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone knows why when using PetitParser Browser, the debugger tab presents a tree composed of only one or maximum two elements (even if it enters more rules)?
>
> Any help will be useful because debugging petitParser code is really hard.
>
> Thanks.
> Anne

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

Re: PetitParser Browser

Anne Etien
Hi,

Please find attached two pictures.
In the first one, you can see that the rule succeeds. In the second one, I try to see which rules have been applied by clicking on the debugger tab and as you can see, there is only the first rule that seems to be parsed.
tokenParser select is a message send to a new Parser in order to reduce the number of instance variables, we got 246. And it corresponds to 'SELECT' asParser caseInsensitive trim.

Anne

> Le 15 janv. 2016 à 05:40, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you give us a concrete example?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Jan 14, 2016, at 6:21 PM, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone knows why when using PetitParser Browser, the debugger tab presents a tree composed of only one or maximum two elements (even if it enters more rules)?
>>
>> Any help will be useful because debugging petitParser code is really hard.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Anne

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

PPBrowser2.pdf (158K) Download Attachment
PPBrowser1.pdf (181K) Download Attachment