PetitParser and c#

Alain rastoul
Hi all,

Do someone know about a PetitParser grammar for c# or java ?
Verveine seems to be a Java development (and is not accessible).
TIA

Cheers
Alain

Re: PetitParser and c#

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jun 26, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Alain Rastoul wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do someone know about a PetitParser grammar for c# or java ?
> Verveine seems to be a Java development (and is not accessible).

Verveine is based on JDT.

> TIA
>
> Cheers
> Alain

Re: PetitParser and c#

Tudor Girba-2

For Java, there is a grammar in PetitJava.

This ships with Moose and is available in the PetitJava squeaksource repo.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: PetitParser and c#

Alain rastoul
Thanks Tudor,

About Java, I just found PPJavaSyntax shipped in MooseSuite, I suppose it
comes from the same source ?
I work on a parser at my job (a sql parser in c#) and I am interested on
this subject, so I started exploration of PetitParser.
Do you know if PetitParser relates in some kind to the "Design Pattern for
Parsing" paper ?
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~javaplt/papers/sigcse2005b.pdf

I know that the Moose Book is not available as a pdf download but do you
have plan to do it?
or to sell a printable book on lulu ? (would be cool)

TIA

Cheers
Alain

"Tudor Girba" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans
le message de news: [hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> For Java, there is a grammar in PetitJava.
>
> This ships with Moose and is available in the PetitJava squeaksource repo.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 26 Jun 2011, at 18:59, Alain Rastoul wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Do someone know about a PetitParser grammar for c# or java ?
>> Verveine seems to be a Java development (and is not accessible).
>> TIA
>>
>> Cheers
>> Alain
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: PetitParser and c#

Lukas Renggli
> Do you know if PetitParser relates in some kind to the "Design Pattern for
> Parsing" paper ?
> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~javaplt/papers/sigcse2005b.pdf

Yes, the modeling part might be kind of similar.

Check out our paper on PetitParser. In Section 2 there are references
to papers that describe the methodologies PetitParser builds upon:

    http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/papers/Reng10cDynamicGrammars.pdf

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: PetitParser and c#

Alain rastoul
Thanks a lot Lukas
I'll check it.

Regards,
Alain

"Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> a écrit
dans le message de news:
BANLkTimwEg7ct0hKNJ=+[hidden email]...