PetitParser for Squeak 4.1

Zhe-Xi Lim
Hi,

How can I load PetitParser into Squeak 4.1 image? I had tried out the methods suggested by Lukas in his website but it turned out that Squeak find undefined object: Gofer.

Can show me the steps in loading the PetitParser?

Thanks.

Regards,
Zhe-Xi

Re: PetitParser for Squeak 4.1

Stéphane Ducasse
why don't you use it in pharo?

Stef
On Dec 23, 2010, at 5:43 AM, Zhe-Xi Lim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I load PetitParser into Squeak 4.1 image? I had tried out the
> methods suggested by Lukas in his website but it turned out that Squeak find
> undefined object: Gofer.
>
> Can show me the steps in loading the PetitParser?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Zhe-Xi

Re: PetitParser for Squeak 4.1

Lukas Renggli
You can manually load the packages PetitParser and PetitTests from
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/petit. However the code has not been
tested on Squeak, so it might not work out of the box.

Lukas

On 23 December 2010 08:13, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> why don't you use it in pharo?
>
> Stef
> On Dec 23, 2010, at 5:43 AM, Zhe-Xi Lim wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> How can I load PetitParser into Squeak 4.1 image? I had tried out the
>> methods suggested by Lukas in his website but it turned out that Squeak find
>> undefined object: Gofer.
>>
>> Can show me the steps in loading the PetitParser?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Zhe-Xi
>> --

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: PetitParser for Squeak 4.1

Zhe-Xi Lim
Are Pharo and Squeak the similar platforms? Sorry I am new to Smalltalk.

Thanks.

Zhe-Xi

Re: PetitParser for Squeak 4.1

Lukas Renggli
Btw, there are ready made one-click images with PetitParser available.
Like this you don't need to load anything.

A plain PetitParser one-click distribution:
http://hudson.lukas-renggli.ch/job/PetitParser/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PetitParser-OneClick.zip

Also the Moose distribution contains the PetitParser code:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/download

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: PetitParser for Squeak 4.1

Yes pharo is a fork from Squeak made by the previous squeak maintainer and Moose is developed on pharo.

Stef