[PhD] Opening for an Internship/PhD on Refactoring

[PhD] Opening for an Internship/PhD on Refactoring

Thierry Goubier
Hi all,

I have an opening on a PhD subject on refactoring for embedded software (start 10/2016), with a 6 month internship before, at CEA List.

The PhD title is : 'Reuse of embedded sofware code artefacts by Refactoring' and concern itself with the evolution of embedded software when targetting new parallel embedded platforms or evaluation platforms, and how this can be expressed and supported by domain-specific Refactorings.

The internship is about a practical study of the changes undertaken by embedded software code when it is evaluated and re-architectured/optimised in industrial projects undertaken by the laboratory.

Both take place at CEA List, LCE lab, in Saclay (SW of Paris), in a laboratory known for its research in simulation of Systems on Chip (SoC), SoC design, compilation for manycores, and neural networks architectures. CEA is a fair employer for internships and PhD students, with a higher than average salary and significant benefits.

Interested candidates should contact me.

Regards,

Thierry Goubier,
Research Engineer,
CEA List, LCE

PharoJS Status

Adventurer
Hi All,

I'd like to start messing around with PharoJS.  Can anybody tell what
the status is?  (Stable, broken, etc.)

And, which Pharo version should I use for this?

Craig

Re: PharoJS Status

Andy Burnett
>>> Craig said
Hi All,

I'd like to start messing around with PharoJS.  Can anybody tell what
the status is?  (Stable, broken, etc.)

And, which Pharo version should I use for this?
<<<

I have just started playing with it. I have had some difficulty getting a running image. Following the instructions - should - work, but I found that I needed to install the NewExternalWebBrowser package separately before it would run.
Cheers
Andy

Re: PharoJS Status

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Just tested with a fresh image and it worked.

Noury
On 30 Nov 2015, at 16:37, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Craig said
Hi All,

I'd like to start messing around with PharoJS.  Can anybody tell what
the status is?  (Stable, broken, etc.)

And, which Pharo version should I use for this?
<<<

I have just started playing with it. I have had some difficulty getting a running image. Following the instructions - should - work, but I found that I needed to install the NewExternalWebBrowser package separately before it would run.
Cheers
Andy

Re: PharoJS Status

Adventurer
I just loaded PharoJS into a fresh v5 image,  and I also had the DNU message until I loaded the NewExternalWebBrowser package.

Craig

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Just tested with a fresh image and it worked.

Noury
On 30 Nov 2015, at 16:37, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Craig said
Hi All,

I'd like to start messing around with PharoJS.  Can anybody tell what
the status is?  (Stable, broken, etc.)

And, which Pharo version should I use for this?
<<<

I have just started playing with it. I have had some difficulty getting a running image. Following the instructions - should - work, but I found that I needed to install the NewExternalWebBrowser package separately before it would run.
Cheers
Andy

Re: PharoJS Status

Adventurer

Can the people that have it working provide some tips please.

I have the pink PharoJS workspace open, am I correct in understanding that the results of any evaluation is this workspace should show-up in the browser?  At this point nothing shows-up in the browser.

Craig

On 2015-11-30 21:16, craig wrote:

I just loaded PharoJS into a fresh v5 image,  and I also had the DNU message until I loaded the NewExternalWebBrowser package.

Craig

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Just tested with a fresh image and it worked.

Noury
On 30 Nov 2015, at 16:37, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Craig said
Hi All,

I'd like to start messing around with PharoJS.  Can anybody tell what
the status is?  (Stable, broken, etc.)

And, which Pharo version should I use for this?
<<<

I have just started playing with it. I have had some difficulty getting a running image. Following the instructions - should - work, but I found that I needed to install the NewExternalWebBrowser package separately before it would run.
Cheers
Andy

Re: PharoJS Status

Sebastian Heidbrink-2
Hi Craig,

First you should check the tests and run them 1 by 1.
Your default browser should open and you should see a PharoJS logo following a websocket log.
If that is working correctly then you have loaded all needed sources and your image should be fine.

There is general problem with the JSWorkspace and JSPlayground. If timeouts occur then it seems as if the image is busted and no PharoJS code works anymore.
In my case it usually helps to just start one of the interactive unit tests or to close and open the image.

Please read the class comments of JBBridge and other documented classes. This will give you a better understanding of how PharoJS actually works.

If you "doit" a "JbDemoApplication start" then your default web browser should open and you should see a green rectangle asking you to click on it.
You can put a "self halt" into the "setupDOM" method and especially into the callback handler blocks,.... see what it does,... you can debug the JS app within Pharo and the app changes live in the browser....

There is also the class "JbBrowserExamples" which has two scripts on the class side. Copy them into a JSPlayground and inspect them.
The action should take place in the browser opened while you opened the JSPlayground.
But be aware! Those scripts do not stop the websocket nor the proxy and it usually does not take long until you have to restart/reset the image....

I hope that helps a little?!

Sebastian

On 2015-11-30 21:16, craig wrote:

I just loaded PharoJS into a fresh v5 image,  and I also had the DNU message until I loaded the NewExternalWebBrowser package.

Craig

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Just tested with a fresh image and it worked.

Noury
On 30 Nov 2015, at 16:37, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Craig said
Hi All,

I'd like to start messing around with PharoJS.  Can anybody tell what
the status is?  (Stable, broken, etc.)

And, which Pharo version should I use for this?
<<<

I have just started playing with it. I have had some difficulty getting a running image. Following the instructions - should - work, but I found that I needed to install the NewExternalWebBrowser package separately before it would run.
Cheers
Andy

Re: PharoJS Status

Adventurer

Hi Sebastian,

I did get the JbDemoApplication to run in the browser.  The concepts seem simple enough.  Thank you for your assistance.

The next step for me was to run

"JbSmalltalkToJavaScriptExporter exportClasses: {JbDemoApplication.  JbApplication} packages: #() inNewFileNamed: 'demo.js'"

to see the generated javascript.  However, I cannot get the generated code to run.

I'll take look another look and see what's going on tomorrow.

Craig