PhD starting in January/February 2020 on Advanced debugging with Pharo

1 message Options

PhD starting in January/February 2020 on Advanced debugging with Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
Dear Friends

We just learned that we have a PhD grant for three years in the RMOD team.
The problem is that the PhD should start January or February of 2020.
We are looking for potential candidates. Please contact Steven Costiou <[hidden email]>

The topics are around the following theme:
- On-the-fly debugging of concurrent and unstoppable progams
- Live back-in-time debugging
- Concurrent object-centric debugging
- Dynamic and unanticipated VM upgrades with new debugging primitives for the debugging of unstoppable programs
- Transforming debugging instrumentation into unit tests
- Transforming debugging instrumentation into software updates / patches (in unstoppable programs)

- English
- Good communication
- Good oop and Pharo is a big plus :)

Here is some information about the PhD

- 108 000 KEuros for three years (around 1600 Euros monthly)
- Typical rent is around 400-600 Euros
- Food is good and not expensive
- Metro/buses is 21 Euros per month
- Lille is located 30 min from Brussels, 1 hour from Paris, 1,3 hours of train from London.
- 120 000 students over two large campuses and multiple schools
- The team has a long experience of working with foreigners: Mariano MartinezPeck, Nick Papoulias, Pablo Tesone,
Guillermo Polito…. all did a PhD with us. We have around 10 nationalities in the tearm.

Some old interviews of RMOD people

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50