PhD thesis potentially in Smalltalk in south of france.

PhD thesis potentially in Smalltalk in south of france.

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

This team has a Phd position which can be done in Smalltalk. Christophe Dony is an old smalltalk fan in the south of france.
He supervised the PhD of Luc fabresse who is working with Noury (and working on Socket for Pharo right now).
If you are interested please contact chouki directly.
Stef

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
> TITLE: A Reflective Component-Oriented Programming Language
>
> SUPERVISORS: Chouki TIBERMACINE ([hidden email]) and Christophe DONY ([hidden email])
>
> FUNDING: French Government Fellowship (~1500 euros gross salary per month)
>
> PLACE: LIRMM, CNRS and Montpellier University (South of France)
>
> SUBJECT:
>
> Research on the modeling and implementation of applications by assembling components is growing up more and more. Component-based development allows the definition of independent software modules which are put in libraries, available on catalog, and assemblable as deployment and runtime units.
>
> In our research lab, we developed a voluntarily simple component-oriented programming language (SCL), which allowed an original and innovative integration of the concepts of component, port, interface, connector and aspect (see [1]).
>
> Component languages are used now in modeling environments in association with architecture description languages. We would like to study, on the basis of SCL, a reflective solution mixing a programming and an architecture description language, which allows:
> - to link entities of conceptual reuse (component descriptors) with units of integration (component instances),
> - via a reflective architecture and an API of meta-programming, allowing introspection and intercession, to describe with the same language architectures, constraints on these architectures (non-functional constraints as specified in [2]), and model transformations.
>
> Two SCL prototypes have been implemented in Smalltalk and Ruby. A prototype of the new language can be developed in JAVA or another language, and integrated with the Eclipse plugin of modeling component-based application (CLACS).
>
> [1] Luc Fabresse, Christophe Dony, and Marianne Huchard.
> Foundations of a simple and unified component-oriented language.
> Journal of Computer Languages, Systems and Structures, 34(2-3):130-149, Elsevier 2008.
>
> [2] Chouki Tibermacine, Régis Fleurquin, and Salah Sadou.
> A family of languages for architecture constraint specification.
> Journal of Systems and Software 83(5):815-831, Elsevier 2010.
> ---
>
> Le 15/05/10 22:52, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> tu as une version en anglais?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On May 15, 2010, at 10:43 PM, Chouki TIBERMACINE wrote:
>>

>>> C'est ok pour l'orienter sur notre sujet.
>>> Merci d'avance :-) .
>>>
>>> Chouki.

>>> --
>>> Chouki TIBERMACINE, PhD
>>> Associate Professor in Computer Science
>>> LIRMM - CNRS and University of Montpellier II - France
>>> Office Phone: +33(or 0).467.149.724
>>> Lab Fax: +33(or 0).467.418.500
>>> Web Page: http://www.lirmm.fr/~tibermacin/
>>>

> --
> Chouki TIBERMACINE, PhD
> Associate Professor in Computer Science
> LIRMM - CNRS and University of Montpellier II - France

Re: PhD thesis potentially in Smalltalk in south of france.

SergeStinckwich
2010/5/25 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> Hi guys
>
> This team has a Phd position which can be done in Smalltalk. Christophe Dony is an old smalltalk fan in the south of france.
> He supervised the PhD of Luc fabresse who is working with Noury (and working on Socket for Pharo right now).
> If you are interested please contact chouki directly.

ok cool. I forward the announce to my contacts.

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk