Pharo 1.0 - One-click image: cannot handle German Umlauts in Ubuntu file system

Pharo 1.0 - One-click image: cannot handle German Umlauts in Ubuntu file system

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I am sorry for reporting this late. I have been using Squeak for the last weeks.

As I saw the announcement of the release I was eager to have look at it.
The One-click image is neat. Downloading - unzipping and running.

But a disappointment came when I wanted to file in Monticello files I
had in a directory on my Ubuntu 9.10 system.

When I wanted to open the directory a UTF8 conversion error came up.
After I had changed a few umlauts to ASCII it was fine.

Regards

Hannes

Re: Pharo 1.0 - One-click image: cannot handle German Umlauts in Ubuntu file system

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi hannes

Thanks for the report! You can open a bug entry if you want.

Stef

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am sorry for reporting this late. I have been using Squeak for the last weeks.
>
> As I saw the announcement of the release I was eager to have look at it.
> The One-click image is neat. Downloading - unzipping and running.
>
> But a disappointment came when I wanted to file in Monticello files I
> had in a directory on my Ubuntu 9.10 system.
>
> When I wanted to open the directory a UTF8 conversion error came up.
> After I had changed a few umlauts to ASCII it was fine.
>
> Regards
>
> Hannes

Re: Pharo 1.0 - One-click image: cannot handle German Umlauts in Ubuntu file system

Mariano Martinez Peck
And check the bug tracker for already reported issues:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/