Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
I gave the latest release a spin and it seams quit doesn't work (again).
old reference ->

can someone confirm?  if so do we want a new issue or reopen the old one?

Also the host menu is not consistent with the world menu. for example
the tools menu is different.  Script manager is in one but not the
other. The help browser text references it which is why i noticed.  I
haven't looked at the implementation. is there a way they are supposed
to be kept in sync?

cheers,
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

laurent laffont
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
I gave the latest release a spin and it seams quit doesn't work (again).
old reference ->

can someone confirm?  if so do we want a new issue or reopen the old one?

Also the host menu is not consistent with the world menu. for example
the tools menu is different.  Script manager is in one but not the
other. The help browser text references it which is why i noticed.  I
haven't looked at the implementation. is there a way they are supposed
to be kept in sync?

I've once fixed it. Look at HostSystemMenusMacOSX, building-menus protocol. I rarely use MacOSX so can you check ?

Cheers,

Laurent

cheers,
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
I gave the latest release a spin and it seams quit doesn't work (again).
old reference ->

can someone confirm?  if so do we want a new issue or reopen the old one?

Michael, it is working for me. Not only in the OneClick but also with the image and the Squeak 4.2.5beta1U
what is exactly what it is NOT working for you?

Also the host menu is not consistent with the world menu.

yes, this is true.

for example
the tools menu is different.  Script manager is in one but not the
other. The help browser text references it which is why i noticed.  I
haven't looked at the implementation. is there a way they are supposed
to be kept in sync?

maybe both should use the pragmas now?

cheers,
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/7/30 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
I gave the latest release a spin and it seams quit doesn't work (again).
old reference ->

can someone confirm?  if so do we want a new issue or reopen the old one?

Also the host menu is not consistent with the world menu. for example
the tools menu is different.  Script manager is in one but not the
other. The help browser text references it which is why i noticed.  I
haven't looked at the implementation. is there a way they are supposed
to be kept in sync?

I've once fixed it. Look at HostSystemMenusMacOSX, building-menus protocol. I rarely use MacOSX so can you check ?

Ok...I did it. But...addToolsMenu    calls  self openMenu

and openMenu calls ToolSet menuItems.

which is hardcoded, and not using pragmas.

And this is why for example, ScriptManager doesn't appear in the HOstMenu

So yes...I think we should open an issue :)

CHeers

Cheers,

Laurent

cheers,
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2

> Michael, it is working for me. Not only in the OneClick but also with the
> image and the Squeak 4.2.5beta1U
> what is exactly what it is NOT working for you?

like I said literally the host menu quit menu item does not do
anything. exactly the symptom described in the original issue. this is
with the one click 1.1.

I will have a look at the code.
cheers
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
I guess the problem is because the one click application menu name is
now 'Pharo Development' rather than 'Pharo'. the code in this method
#rebuildApplicationMenuHandlers: is looking for the former. Did
someone make this change?  is it done in the info.plist? I am not very
familiar but i have had a poke around. I prefer Pharo anyway. it is
less verbose.  I will see if i can change it and get it to work.

thanks,
Mike

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Michael, it is working for me. Not only in the OneClick but also with the
>> image and the Squeak 4.2.5beta1U
>> what is exactly what it is NOT working for you?
>
> like I said literally the host menu quit menu item does not do
> anything. exactly the symptom described in the original issue. this is
> with the one click 1.1.
>
> I will have a look at the code.
> cheers
> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
Hi,
i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
package.  Where did it go?

thanks,
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

laurent laffont
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
package.  Where did it go?

It's in PharoTreatedInbox at least as integrated fixes go there. http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTreatedInbox

Laurent.

thanks,
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
shouldn't that be added as a package to the general images? otherwise
this will always be a potential error when pushing fixes?

cheers,
Mike

2010/8/2 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
>> HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
>> HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
>> package.  Where did it go?
>>

> It's in PharoTreatedInbox at least as integrated fixes go there.
> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTreatedInbox
> Laurent.
>

>> thanks,
>> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

laurent laffont

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
shouldn't that be added as a package to the general images? otherwise
this will always be a potential error when pushing fixes?

That goes beyond my knowledge :)   Stupid question, as there's HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54, why  HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53 is needed ?

Laurent

cheers,
Mike

2010/8/2 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
>> HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
>> HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
>> package.  Where did it go?
>>

> It's in PharoTreatedInbox at least as integrated fixes go there.
> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTreatedInbox
> Laurent.
>

>> thanks,
>> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
shouldn't that be added as a package to the general images? otherwise
this will always be a potential error when pushing fixes?

YESSSSSS!! PLEASEEEEE
I already said this. We should add PharoTreatedInbox repository in standard PharoCore images.
Can you open a ticket?

cheers,
Mike

2010/8/2 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
>> HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
>> HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
>> package.  Where did it go?
>>

> It's in PharoTreatedInbox at least as integrated fixes go there.
> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTreatedInbox
> Laurent.
>

>> thanks,
>> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

this is strange because I thought that we get the complete history chain in the Pharo folder since we always
merge and republish.

Stef

On Aug 2, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> Hi,
> i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
> HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
> HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
> package.  Where did it go?
>
> thanks,
> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Stéphane Ducasse
But I checked and this is clearly not the case and I do not like that.

Stef

On Aug 2, 2010, at 10:03 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> this is strange because I thought that we get the complete history chain in the Pharo folder since we always
> merge and republish.
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 2, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
>> HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
>> HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
>> package.  Where did it go?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
I don't know enough about the internals to be honest.

Here is the fix

Name: HostMenus-MikeRoberts.57
Author: MikeRoberts
Time: 2 August 2010, 9:30:30 pm
UUID: 4370108c-457c-4454-8d91-dcda9b4a18e7
Ancestors: HostMenus-StephaneDucasse.56, HostMenus-MikeRoberts.55

-Relax lookup for OS X Quit menu item otherwise it breaks really
easily when the bundle name is changed
-Fix BlockCannotReturn error
-Remerge on top of StephaneDucasse.56

cheers,
Mike

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> But I checked and this is clearly not the case and I do not like that.
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 2, 2010, at 10:03 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> this is strange because I thought that we get the complete history chain in the Pharo folder since we always
>> merge and republish.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Aug 2, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> i am trying to publish a fix, but I get MC error can't find
>>> HostMenus-LaurentLaffont.53. It is the ancestor of
>>> HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54 but does not seem to be in the /Pharo
>>> package.  Where did it go?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
Merged against 1.1. Please integrate for the one-click release.

Name: HostMenus-MikeRoberts.56
Author: MikeRoberts
Time: 4 August 2010, 3:19:49 pm
UUID: 142b944e-e012-46ac-bc82-52889e20b4e7
Ancestors: HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54

-Relax lookup for OS X Quit menu item otherwise it breaks really
easily when the bundle name is changed
-Fix BlockCannotReturn error
-Remerge on top of MarcusDenker.54

cheers
Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Stéphane Ducasse
did you open a ticket for that with 1.1 ?

Stef

On Aug 4, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> Merged against 1.1. Please integrate for the one-click release.
>
> Name: HostMenus-MikeRoberts.56
> Author: MikeRoberts
> Time: 4 August 2010, 3:19:49 pm
> UUID: 142b944e-e012-46ac-bc82-52889e20b4e7
> Ancestors: HostMenus-MarcusDenker.54
>
> -Relax lookup for OS X Quit menu item otherwise it breaks really
> easily when the bundle name is changed
> -Fix BlockCannotReturn error
> -Remerge on top of MarcusDenker.54
>

> cheers
> Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Michael Roberts-2
I just put the status back to fixed and changed the milestone.

not sure what the process is for fixes spanning multiple versions. can
do it separately in the future?

Mike

Re: Pharo 1.1 host menu os x

Stéphane Ducasse
may be should introduce an explicit tag like that we do not lose time looking for information...
I will do that now.