Pharo 1.4 Unable to download from HTTPS Monticello repository

Pharo 1.4 Unable to download from HTTPS Monticello repository

Federico.Balaguer
Hello

I am having problems downloading packages from a HTTPS Monticello repository. The image has Zodiac installed.

I am able to upload versions but I cannot download them. I am able to download the packages from a web-browser,

Using the Monticello Browser I can browse the content of the given repository. When I select any package on the repository a debugger pops up: "MNU: Character>>bitOr:"

I do not see how to fix the problem, at some point,
MCMczReader>>zip calls
Zip>>readFrom: calls
Zip>>readEndOfCentralDirectoryFrom: calls
ReadStream>>nextLittleEndianNumber: calls
SmallInteger>>bitOr: with a Character as parameter which makes the <primitive 15> to fail.

I can try to fix the problem but I would need a little help to understand the root of the problem.

Federico

Re: Pharo 1.4 Unable to download from HTTPS Monticello repository

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Frederico,

It seems the Monticello HTTP repository code is not only trying to do HTTPS, which more or less seems to work from your description, but must also deal with decoding gzip compressed content, or it fails afterwards because the content is not binary. Normally, this should not be a problem.

However, it is only since/in Pharo 2.0 that the client explicitly advertises it wants gzip if available, since you are on 1.4, it must be the server who decides to do it anyway.

As with all of these bug reports: can you give us the URL of the repository (or a similar one) so that we can test it ? If necessary, you can send me a private email.

An .mcz file is not magical, you can access it directly, like this:

ZnClient new
        logToTranscript;
        username: '[hidden email]' password: 'secret';
        get: 'http://mc.stfx.eu/Neo/ZTimestamp-SvenVanCaekenberghe.21.mcz'.

And have a look at the Transcript then:

2012-12-14 18:33:35 453763 I Wrote a ZnRequest(GET /Neo/ZTimestamp-SvenVanCaekenberghe.21.mcz)
2012-12-14 18:33:35 453763 D Sent headers
Accept: */*
Authorization: Basic am9obi5kb2VAYWNtZS5jb206c2VjcmV0
Host: mc.stfx.eu

2012-12-14 18:33:35 453763 I Read a ZnResponse(200 OK application/x-monticello 30440B)
2012-12-14 18:33:35 453763 D Received headers
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:25:47 GMT
Server: Zinc HTTP Components 1.0

2012-12-14 18:33:35 453763 T GET /Neo/ZTimestamp-SvenVanCaekenberghe.21.mcz 200 30440B 147ms

Did you configure your own MC server maybe ?
Zn requires a proper binary Content-Type !

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Pharo 1.4 Unable to download from HTTPS Monticello repository

Federico.Balaguer
Hello Sven,

I am getting back to this topic. I asked a server admin to create a repository for me. He followed  the PBE2 chapter on Monticello to configure the server (http://pharobooks.gforge.inria.fr/PharoByExampleTwo-Eng/latest/Monticello.pdf).

I can send you the login information if that help.

Thanks Federico

Re: Pharo 1.4 Unable to download from HTTPS Monticello repository

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Federico,

On 12 Mar 2013, at 15:49, "Federico.Balaguer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Sven,
>
> I am getting back to this topic. I asked a server admin to create a
> repository for me. He followed  the PBE2 chapter on Monticello to configure
> the server
> (http://pharobooks.gforge.inria.fr/PharoByExampleTwo-Eng/latest/Monticello.pdf).
>

> I can send you the login information if that help.

If you send me the info (privately) I will try to access your repository to see what happens.

> Thanks Federico

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe