Pharo 2.0 BETA, Configs and Seaside

Torsten Bergmann
>> 1. Since NativeBoost is now integrated I removed the config
>>    from the ConfigurationBrowser - because it makes no
>>    sense to install when it is already in the image :)

>Do people only use the ConfigurationBrowser for initial installing of the
>packages, or does it get used for when the package is updated?  If the
>former, this makes a lot of sense; if the later, you might want to rethink
>removing it.

When there is a newer NB version we will either integrate it into
the base image or put the config (with a higher version declared
as stable) in again so this newer version can be loaded easily
from the tool.

Bye
T.

cbc

Re: Pharo 2.0 BETA, Configs and Seaside

cbc
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 1. Since NativeBoost is now integrated I removed the config
>>    from the ConfigurationBrowser - because it makes no
>>    sense to install when it is already in the image :)

>Do people only use the ConfigurationBrowser for initial installing of the
>packages, or does it get used for when the package is updated?  If the
>former, this makes a lot of sense; if the later, you might want to rethink
>removing it.

When there is a newer NB version we will either integrate it into
the base image or put the config (with a higher version declared
as stable) in again so this newer version can be loaded easily
from the tool.

So, removing it from the browser is basically removing it from the repository?  Then if a new one shows up (and is appropriate for Pharo 2.0) you'd add it to the repository again?  That makes sense.

And should have been obvious if I had read and thought about your first email a bit longer.

-Chris