Pharo 2.0 + Seaside

xx397
I would love to start using Pharo 2.0 but really need Seaside to be
working. I'm assuming from what I've read that it is possible, but got
some issues such as BlockContext missing, references to OmniBrowser,
something about loading Metacello and when it finished there were 39
failures/errors in the tests. This was just from loading from the
configuration browser in a fresh 2.0 image. Is there a better way? I
like the look of the new system browser so far but it has felt a little
sluggish in places. I hope this improves as I almost don't want to go
back to OmniBrowser now :-)

Cheers
Chris

Re: Pharo 2.0 + Seaside

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 24, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Chris wrote:

> I would love to start using Pharo 2.0 but really need Seaside to be working. I'm assuming from what I've read that it is possible, but got some issues such as BlockContext missing, references to OmniBrowser, something about loading Metacello and when it finished there were 39 failures/errors in the tests. This was just from loading from the configuration browser in a fresh 2.0 image. Is there a better way? I like the look of the new system browser so far but it has felt a little sluggish in places. I hope this improves as I almost don't want to go back to OmniBrowser now :-)

:)

Chris

Do not start with 2.0 because we are shaking the system :)
Now imagine that you really want, then start from the seaside configurationOfSeaside and let us know the problem you find.

> Cheers
> Chris

Re: Pharo 2.0 + Seaside

xx397
On 24/08/2012 14:09, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Chris wrote:
>
>> I would love to start using Pharo 2.0 but really need Seaside to be working. I'm assuming from what I've read that it is possible, but got some issues such as BlockContext missing, references to OmniBrowser, something about loading Metacello and when it finished there were 39 failures/errors in the tests. This was just from loading from the configuration browser in a fresh 2.0 image. Is there a better way? I like the look of the new system browser so far but it has felt a little sluggish in places. I hope this improves as I almost don't want to go back to OmniBrowser now :-)
> :)
>
> Chris
>
> Do not start with 2.0 because we are shaking the system :)
> Now imagine that you really want, then start from the seaside configurationOfSeaside and let us know the problem you find.

I'm quite happy with1.4 currently but would like to try things such as
Fuel, Tanker, Nautilus and so on. With regards to Seaside, it's actually
pretty close to be fair. I had to prefix MetacelloMCProject with
Smalltalk at: in ConfigurationOfMetacello>>#project. The OmniBrowser
packages obviously complained but I just proceeded. There are methods
such as fixCallbackTemps on BlockContext and that class is now gone,
presumably these could move to ContextPart? Of the failing tests after
that, most were just a case of renaming calls to includesSubString: with
includesSubstring: . Most of the other errors were related to
SystemChangeNotifier no longer existing, the odd one where FileDirectory
doesn't and so on

Re: Pharo 2.0 + Seaside

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fuel works from Pharo 1.1 to Pharo 2.o. Tanker will only work in 2.0.
Seaside is working in 2.0 but not yet the ConfigurationOf. During ESUG Seasiders said it was going to be fixed soon.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Pharo 2.0 + Seaside

Dale Henrichs
The configuration for Seaside3.1 exposed a bug in Metacello ... I have a fix for the bug in place, but I have one or two additional bugs/features to implement[1] that are also related to the Seaside3.1 configuration needs ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues?milestone=4&page=1&sort=updated&state=open