Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

recursive
Hi,

I'm trying to install Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.0 and I'm getting this error:

SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #ifFail:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do: in Block: [(client := self httpClient)...
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in Block: [workBlock value]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in Block: [:bar | [workBlock value]...
BlockClosure>>cull:
Job>>run in Block: [result := block cull: self]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
Job>>run in Block: [self prepareForRunning....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Job>>run
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed: in Block: [self resizeCache: readerCache....
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
GoferResolvedReference>>version
GoferLoad>>addResolved:
GoferLoad>>initializeOn: in Block: [:each | self addResolved: each]
Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:each | ...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:bar | ...
BlockClosure>>cull:
Job>>run in Block: [result := block cull: self]
BlockClosure>>on:do:

I'm using the script from here to install it:

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Re: Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

Igor Stasenko
It looks like you are another victim of VM bug.
Something imbalances the stack, making smallinteger popping out of nowhere
(and hence you see this error).
Btw, we have exactly same error at exactly same place. So it is quite
well reproducible.
And we're going to fix that.

On 24 April 2013 21:55,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.0 and I'm getting this error:
>
> SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #ifFail:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do: in
> Block: [(client := self httpClient)...
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in
> Block: [workBlock value]
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in
> Block: [:bar | [workBlock value]...
> BlockClosure>>cull:
> Job>>run in Block: [result := block cull: self]
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Job>>run in Block: [self prepareForRunning....
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> Job>>run
> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed: in
> Block: [self resizeCache: readerCache....
> Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
> GoferResolvedReference>>version
> GoferLoad>>addResolved:
> GoferLoad>>initializeOn: in Block: [:each | self addResolved: each]
> Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:each | ...
> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
> Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:bar | ...
> BlockClosure>>cull:
> Job>>run in Block: [result := block cull: self]
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>

> I'm using the script from here to install it:
>
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2012-August/068755.html
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

EstebanLM
in fact, yesterday I found exactly how it happens.
still cannot reproduce it, but I can workaround it :)

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395

On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:37 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It looks like you are another victim of VM bug.
> Something imbalances the stack, making smallinteger popping out of nowhere
> (and hence you see this error).
> Btw, we have exactly same error at exactly same place. So it is quite
> well reproducible.
> And we're going to fix that.
>
> On 24 April 2013 21:55,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.0 and I'm getting this error:
>>
>> SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #ifFail:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do: in
>> Block: [(client := self httpClient)...
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in
>> Block: [workBlock value]
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in
>> Block: [:bar | [workBlock value]...
>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed: in
>> Block: [self resizeCache: readerCache....
>> Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
>> GoferResolvedReference>>version
>> GoferLoad>>addResolved:
>> GoferLoad>>initializeOn: in Block: [:each | self addResolved: each]
>> Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:each | ...
>> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
>> Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:bar | ...
>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>

>> I'm using the script from here to install it:
>>
>> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2012-August/068755.html
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Thanks

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Re: Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
in fact, yesterday I found exactly how it happens.
still cannot reproduce it, but I can workaround it :)

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395

WOW....what a great catch. If that ends up in a real VM bugs....you have catched one of the bugs that is present since years and nobody could ever cleanly reproduce it nor find the the cause.

Hope it is!!!

On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:37 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It looks like you are another victim of VM bug.
> Something imbalances the stack, making smallinteger popping out of nowhere
> (and hence you see this error).
> Btw, we have exactly same error at exactly same place. So it is quite
> well reproducible.
> And we're going to fix that.
>
> On 24 April 2013 21:55,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.0 and I'm getting this error:
>>
>> SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #ifFail:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do: in
>> Block: [(client := self httpClient)...
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in
>> Block: [workBlock value]
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during: in
>> Block: [:bar | [workBlock value]...
>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>displayProgress:during:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed: in
>> Block: [self resizeCache: readerCache....
>> Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCHttpRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
>> GoferResolvedReference>>version
>> GoferLoad>>addResolved:
>> GoferLoad>>initializeOn: in Block: [:each | self addResolved: each]
>> Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:each | ...
>> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
>> Array(Collection)>>do:displayingProgress:every: in Block: [:bar | ...
>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>

>> I'm using the script from here to install it:
>>
>> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2012-August/068755.html
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Thanks

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

recursive
>in fact, yesterday I found exactly how it happens.
>still cannot reproduce it, but I can workaround it :)
>
>https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395

What's the workaround, or doesn't apply in this case ? Is it just a case of waiting for it to be fixed in the VM ? It also occurs with jQueryMobile.

Cheers

Re: Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

DiegoLont
I am currently working on some configurations, so I get the error regularly.

Just retry loading the configuration, sometimes multiple times, and you'll be fine. The problem is in creating a project based on the configuration, so it does not affect the loading directly.

Cheers,

On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>in fact, yesterday I found exactly how it happens.
>still cannot reproduce it, but I can workaround it :)
>
>https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395

What's the workaround, or doesn't apply in this case ? Is it just a case of waiting for it to be fixed in the VM ? It also occurs with jQueryMobile.

Cheers

Re: Pharo 2.0 and Seaside 3.1

recursive
Thanks for the info.