Pharo 2.0 released!

Stephan Eggermont-3
Great to see Pharo 2.0 released.

Too bad I cannot make it to the Pharo/Moose days, but Diego will
show some of the things we have been working on.

I've been thinking about what would help Pharo development the most.
I think making sure that everyone can get up-and-running with his
own ci-server would help a lot.

I noticed there are lots of parts available, I'm just missing the story
about putting it all together. And I know that takes a lot of time to
create these things, as the feedback cycle is much slower than
with smalltalk development.

Would it be possible to provide a virtualbox vm with an installed
jenkins and a full set of jobs, or even better, chef/puppet/vagrant
scripts to create them? At the Pharo conference would be perfect?

Cheers,
  Stephan

Re: Pharo 2.0 released!

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2013-03-19, at 10:58, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great to see Pharo 2.0 released.
>
> Too bad I cannot make it to the Pharo/Moose days, but Diego will
> show some of the things we have been working on.
>
> I've been thinking about what would help Pharo development the most.
> I think making sure that everyone can get up-and-running with his
> own ci-server would help a lot.

Just for the record, if you don't need a private CI server, we provide
one for the community: ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/

Re: Pharo 2.0 released!

EstebanLM
also, I proposed a GSOC project to merge smalltalkhub with a continuous integration service, something like travis and github.
ofc, the project should have to be accepted :P

Esteban

Camillo wrote:
>On 2013-03-19, at 10:58, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl
>> I've been thinking about what would help Pharo development the most.
>> I think making sure that everyone can get up-and-running with his
>> own ci-server would help a lot.
>
>Just for the record, if you don't need a private CI server, we provide
>one for the community: ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/

That is really nice, and I'm looking forward to using it for deltawerken,
storyboard etc. We have some selenium tests for those (Parasol)...
(an account would be great)

There are many reasons to also want to have CI locally, from
private projects to working in the train to depending on software
not installed on the community server to having the fastest feedback
cycle possible.

Stephan