Pharo 3 / Torch

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi,

Today I looked at getting Glamour and Torch working in Pharo 3.0
- ConfigurationOfMondrian refers to a stable version of ProfStef, which isn't defined for 3.0
- GLMUITheme has UThemeWatery2 as ancestor, which is removed. UIThemeWatery works fine
- RectangleMorph behavior was moved to BorderedMorph, so GLMPaneScroller needs a different
  ancestor
- old version of Grease-Pharo-Core is loaded, using BlockContext (refering to squeaksource instead
  of smalltalkhub)

With those changes, most browsers work. GLMBasicExamples open works, most examples work.
Action List -> Inspect has a problem.

(ConfigurationOfTorch project version: '1.4') load

misses AST-Semantic
should refer to smalltalkhub
refers to an older version of ConfigurationOfGlamour
AST changes seem to be substantial. Changes needed in TCParser?

Stephan

Re: Pharo 3 / Torch

Tudor Girba-2
Great. Please wait a couple of days (max 1 week) to release Moose 4.8. Afterwards, we move to Pharo 3.0 and the first thing we do is eliminate Mondrian.

Cheers,
Doru

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pharo 3 / Torch

abergel
> Great. Please wait a couple of days (max 1 week) to release Moose 4.8. Afterwards, we move to Pharo 3.0 and the first thing we do is eliminate Mondrian.

cool!

Alexandre

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I looked at getting Glamour and Torch working in Pharo 3.0
> - ConfigurationOfMondrian refers to a stable version of ProfStef, which isn't defined for 3.0
> - GLMUITheme has UThemeWatery2 as ancestor, which is removed. UIThemeWatery works fine
> - RectangleMorph behavior was moved to BorderedMorph, so GLMPaneScroller needs a different
>   ancestor
> - old version of Grease-Pharo-Core is loaded, using BlockContext (refering to squeaksource instead
>   of smalltalkhub)
>
> With those changes, most browsers work. GLMBasicExamples open works, most examples work.
> Action List -> Inspect has a problem.
>
> (ConfigurationOfTorch project version: '1.4') load
>
> misses AST-Semantic
> should refer to smalltalkhub
> refers to an older version of ConfigurationOfGlamour
> AST changes seem to be substantial. Changes needed in TCParser?
>
> Stephan

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo 3 / Torch

tinchodias
Hi Stephan,

I'm interested in the current state of your migration of Torch. Any news after this email?

Some time ago we created (with Anne) a Jenkins job for Jet in Pharo 2 at:

Bests,
Martín

Martín wrote:
>I'm interested in the current state of your migration of Torch. Any news after this email?

I haven’t looked further. Blocked at the changes in AST-Semantic. I didn’t understand
what the replacement code in OPAL is supposed to be, and didn’t get enough
detailed responses then.

Stephan.

Re: Pharo 3 / Torch

Stéphane Ducasse
Stephan

what were your question?
I do not understand why Torch would need AST-Semantic

Stef