Pharo 3 shortcuts

Hernan Wilkinson-3
Hi,
 I been using pharo 3 during this week and I'd like to say that it is working great!, it runs faster, looks stable, etc. So, congratulations for the excellent work you are doing.
 At the same time, I'd like to comment that I feel uncomfortable with the browser's shortcuts and some of them are impossible to use or not consistent. For example, looking for senders on the code panel is alt+n but if you are on the method list it is different, it is alt+b+n which is really difficult to press because three fingers has to be used and the b and n are close one to the other. The one impossible to press is when looking for class references because it is alt+b+N, that is lowercase b and uppercase N at the same time, which is impossible so there is no other solution that to use the menu, but looking for class references is not a first option on the menu but one that is almost the last option on the Analyze menu so you have to navigate a lot with the mouse to get there...

 For sure there is a reason for these shortcuts... can somebody explain them or point me to where to read them?

 Thanks

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
site: http://www.10Pines.com
Address: Alem 693, Floor 5 B, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Pharo 3 shortcuts

Sergi Reyner

El 28/02/2014 16:00, "Hernan Wilkinson" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> For example, looking for senders on the code panel is alt+n but if you are on the method list it is different, it is alt+b+n which is really difficult to press because three fingers has to be used and the b and n are close one to the other. The one impossible to press is when looking for class references because it is alt+b+N, that is lowercase b and uppercase N at the same time, which is impossible so there is no other solution that to use the menu

Try pressing alt+b, then alt+n. Why would you assume that both letters have to be pressed at the same time? :)

Re: Pharo 3 shortcuts

Hernan Wilkinson-3

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Sergi Reyner <[hidden email]> wrote:

El 28/02/2014 16:00, "Hernan Wilkinson" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> For example, looking for senders on the code panel is alt+n but if you are on the method list it is different, it is alt+b+n which is really difficult to press because three fingers has to be used and the b and n are close one to the other. The one impossible to press is when looking for class references because it is alt+b+N, that is lowercase b and uppercase N at the same time, which is impossible so there is no other solution that to use the menu

Try pressing alt+b, then alt+n. Why would you assume that both letters have to be pressed at the same time? :)

cool, that worked but it is really awkward and slow compared to the previous one, why not just alt+n? I assume that is to get more possibilities, more shortcuts but is it really necessary?