Pharo 3

camille teruel
Hello everyone,

Since a picture worth a thousand words, here is a summary of the next actions for Pharo 3:

Note that some tasks in "Later" may be integrated before July. Here "Later" also stands for "Not planned yet".

Camille Teruel

Re: Pharo 3

Frank Shearar-3
On 18 March 2013 10:24, Camille Teruel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Since a picture worth a thousand words, here is a summary of the next
> actions for Pharo 3:

Thanks, Camille! It's nice to see how the bits are laid out.

I see there are coloured dots - green, yellow, red and blue - on each
item. What do these colours mean?

frank

Re: Pharo 3

camille teruel

On 18 mars 2013, at 11:42, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 18 March 2013 10:24, Camille Teruel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Since a picture worth a thousand words, here is a summary of the next
>> actions for Pharo 3:
>
> Thanks, Camille! It's nice to see how the bits are laid out.
>
> I see there are coloured dots - green, yellow, red and blue - on each
> item. What do these colours mean?

Oh yes I forgot:

Green: almost ready
Orange: work needed
Red: Lot of work needed
Blue bubble: discussion needed

> frank

Re: Pharo 3

Frank Shearar-3
On 18 March 2013 10:45, Camille Teruel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 18 mars 2013, at 11:42, Frank Shearar wrote:
>
>> On 18 March 2013 10:24, Camille Teruel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Since a picture worth a thousand words, here is a summary of the next
>>> actions for Pharo 3:
>>
>> Thanks, Camille! It's nice to see how the bits are laid out.
>>
>> I see there are coloured dots - green, yellow, red and blue - on each
>> item. What do these colours mean?
>
> Oh yes I forgot:
>
> Green: almost ready
> Orange: work needed
> Red: Lot of work needed
> Blue bubble: discussion needed

Ah, great. I hoped it was something sensible like that, but wanted to
make sure :)

>> frank

Re: Pharo 3

Ben Coman
I wonder....  If the March/April integrations don't break any existing
API, and the new debugger runs in parallel with the old one, then maybe
that might be a 2.x release, and move to 3.0 only when PackageInfo and
the old debugger are ripped out.  (of course all dependent on additional
load and human resource availability)

cheers -ben

Camille Teruel wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Since a picture worth a thousand words, here is a summary of the next actions
> for Pharo 3:
>

> Note that some tasks in "Later" may be integrated before July. Here "Later" also
> stands for "Not planned yet".
>
> Camille Teruel

Re: Pharo 3

stephane ducasse

On Mar 19, 2013, at 12:48 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder....  If the March/April integrations don't break any existing API, and the new debugger runs in parallel with the old one, then maybe that might be a 2.x release, and move to 3.0 only when PackageInfo and the old debugger are ripped out.  (of course all dependent on additional load and human resource availability)

:)

No doing a real release takes a lot of time. Now we are experimenting with been focused and chunking actions.
There will be tons of enh and fixes that are waiting for us also and many other actions that we do not list.

Re: Pharo 3

EstebanLM
yes, it is not so easy... and it does not worth it. Also, if you see, the removal of PackageInfo is scheduled for "june", more or less... and that's because I want all the time from now to there to remove all possible bugs in RPackage and be sure that the removal does not break the system :)
anyway we have a summer release and we can include some changes (but not important ones, the idea is to include bugfixes)

Esteban