Pharo 4.0 - display

recursive
Hi,

This is probably already a potential known solution to the display issue on MAC Retina displays but I've just tried the latest CogVM with the Pharo 4.0 image and using Cog fixes the issue, it no longer leaves outlines of windows or tracers.

Thanks

Re: Pharo 4.0 - display

MartinW
recursive wrote
This is probably already a potential known solution to the display issue on
MAC Retina displays but I've just tried the latest CogVM with the Pharo 4.0
image and using Cog fixes the issue, it no longer leaves outlines of
windows or tracers.
No, this is just because Cog defaults to "Open in low resolution" and Pharo VM does not. You can start Pharo VM in low resolution and then you do not have the artefacts. This might be a short term workaround. But the goal would be to have retina support for Pharo :)

Re: Pharo 4.0 - display

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Wow, I didn't even know this option existed !

Thanks, this seems like a very useful workaround.

> On 26 Apr 2015, at 23:16, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> recursive wrote
>> This is probably already a potential known solution to the display issue
>> on
>> MAC Retina displays but I've just tried the latest CogVM with the Pharo
>> 4.0
>> image and using Cog fixes the issue, it no longer leaves outlines of
>> windows or tracers.
>
> No, this is just because Cog defaults to "Open in low resolution" and Pharo
> VM does not. You can start Pharo VM in low resolution and then you do not
> have the artefacts. This might be a short term workaround. But the goal
> would be to have retina support for Pharo :)
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4822030/Cog_low_resolution.jpg>

Re: Pharo 4.0 - display

Ben Coman

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 5:16 AM, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:
recursive wrote
> This is probably already a potential known solution to the display issue
> on
> MAC Retina displays but I've just tried the latest CogVM with the Pharo
> 4.0
> image and using Cog fixes the issue, it no longer leaves outlines of
> windows or tracers.

No, this is just because Cog defaults to "Open in low resolution" and Pharo
VM does not. You can start Pharo VM in low resolution and then you do not
have the artefacts. This might be a short term workaround. But the goal
would be to have retina support for Pharo :)

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4822030/Cog_low_resolution.jpg>

So what does "low resolution" mean in this context? Recursive68 didn't indicate that the display was pixelated.
cheers -benĀ