Pharo 5 ODBC

Glenn Swanlund
Does Pharo 5 support ODBC? I loaded the UDBC package and can't see how to make an ODBC connection. There is a class UDBCODBCConnection but it is empty. Any pointers?

Regards,
Glenn

Re: Pharo 5 ODBC

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Can you give the URL of what exactly you loaded?  There's a bunch of ODBC packages/versions out there so I'd need more details.  I've used ODBC on Pharo 5 before without any problem.  Besides, what OS and database are you using?

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

Re: Pharo 5 ODBC

Glenn Swanlund
Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a .xls file on Windows 7. I will also need to connect to an Access database. My application database is SQLite3.

I used the following excerpt from an email I found:

Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'TorstenBergmann' project: 'UDBC';
        configuration;
        load.
        (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfUDBC) loadBleedingEdge.

    Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Garage';
        configurationOf: 'GarageGlorp';
        load.
        #ConfigurationOfGarageGlorp asClass project stableVersion load.

    Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp';
        package: 'Glorp-SQLite3';
        load.

    GlorpSQLite3CIConfiguration new configureSqlite3.
    GlorpDemoTablePopulatorResource invalidateSetup.