Pharo 5 and retina displays in 2016?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Guys - its been a while since I’ve had a chance to get back into some coding in Smalltalk, and took the plunge again with a new laptop and Pharo 5, however the screen is really blurry?

Doing a google search, I can see this same question raised back in 2012, but has there been no progress in this intervening years or has a workaround not been documented for google to find? Or has everyone just got used to it, and I need to hand in there...

I have tried using a different font - but not sure what constitutes a true-type font (are these the same as free-type mentioned in the Settings Browser?). Has anyone found a font that makes everything look crisp (I tried Helvetica but its only marginally better).

Or is this still the same issue that’s been hanging around for a long time as its hard to easily fix?

Tim

Re: Pharo 5 and retina displays in 2016?

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 29/11/16 00:34, Tim Mackinnon wrote:
> Or is this still the same issue that’s been hanging around for a long
> time as its hard to easily fix?

Tobias Pape wrote some vm changes that solved the problem this summer,
and they somehow interfered, so were reverted. I posted some pictures
on twitter 10/11-7 of it working with both Pharo & Squeak.

Stephan