Pharo 6.1 for FreeBSD - is available somewhere?

Pharo 6.1 for FreeBSD - is available somewhere?

Petr Fischer
Hello, is a compiled Pharo VM 64bit for FreeBSD somewhere?

I am sticked with Linux version of Pharo 5 32bit (running it on the FreeBSD by linux compatibility layer), because actual Linux Spur 64bit VM is segfaulting randomly on FreeBSD.

Maybe some FreeBSD enthusiast's already did it?
I need to start a new project and I want to do it on the current Pharo (Pharo 5 32b is getting out of date).

On what Linux is default 64bit VM compiled? Ubuntu? CentOS 7? I am asking because linux compatibility layer on FreeBSD is based on CentOS 7 libraries.

Thanks! pf

Re: Pharo 6.1 for FreeBSD - is available somewhere?

alistairgrant
Hi Petr,

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 at 23:52, Petr Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is a compiled Pharo VM 64bit for FreeBSD somewhere?

The topic comes up every now and then.  I seem to remember someone had
a branch of the VM they were building.  Maybe have a hunt through the
vm-dev archives.

> I am sticked with Linux version of Pharo 5 32bit (running it on the FreeBSD by linux compatibility layer), because actual Linux Spur 64bit VM is segfaulting randomly on FreeBSD.

What's the date of the 64 bit VM (pharo --version)?  Make sure you've
got one from 9 May 2018 or later (it's for Pharo 7, but Pharo 6 should
run on it as well).

> Maybe some FreeBSD enthusiast's already did it?
> I need to start a new project and I want to do it on the current Pharo (Pharo 5 32b is getting out of date).
>
> On what Linux is default 64bit VM compiled? Ubuntu? CentOS 7? I am asking because linux compatibility layer on FreeBSD is based on CentOS 7 libraries.

I'm pretty sure it's Ubuntu 14.04.

HTH,
Alistair