Pharo 6 and Seaside

Olivier Auverlot
Hi,

I try to install Seaside on Pharo 6 but the installation procedures fail.

If I use the Catalog Browser and I choose to install the stable version of Seaside3, I get a error message but no description of the problem. The installation is simply not possible.

If I use the method described on the Seaside website:

Gofer new
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load.

Seaside seems installed but I can't launch the Seaside Control Panel. I get the error message "KeyNotFound: key #NewListModel not found in SystemDictionary".

If I try to install all the Seaside packages:

Gofer new
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load: 'CI'.

I get the error message "Could not resolve: Zinc-Seaside".

Someone have a method to install Seaside in Pharo 6 ?

Best regards
Olivier :)

Re: [Seaside] Pharo 6 and Seaside

CyrilFerlicot
Le 02/02/2017 à 18:41, olivier auverlot a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I try to install Seaside on Pharo 6 but the installation procedures fail.
>
> If I use the Catalog Browser and I choose to install the stable version
> of Seaside3, I get a error message but no description of the problem.
> The installation is simply not possible.
>
> If I use the method described on the Seaside website:
>
> Gofer new
>
> url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
>     load.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load.
>
> Seaside seems installed but I can't launch the Seaside Control Panel. I
> get the error message "KeyNotFound: key #NewListModel not found in
> SystemDictionary".
>
> If I try to install all the Seaside packages:
>
> Gofer new
>
> url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
>     load.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable)
> load: 'CI'.
>
> I get the error message "Could not resolve: Zinc-Seaside".
>
> Someone have a method to install Seaside in Pharo 6 ?
>
> Best regards
> Olivier :)

Hi Olivier,

I use this script to load Seaside:

Metacello new
  smalltalkhubUser: 'Seaside' project: 'MetacelloConfigurations';
  configuration: 'Seaside3';
  version: #'release3.2';
  load

And in a baseline: