Pharo 7.0.3 dialog information at startup

Pharo 7.0.3 dialog information at startup

dario trussardi
Ciao,

i download the last Pharo 70 image ( on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS  system  )

with the commannd:

When i launch the relative  ./pharo-ui

after the opening the Pharo window

the Pharo system open an information with:

Information
Cannot read stored value of #pharoSystem#delaySchedulerClass.
 Exception: KeyNotFound: key #DelaySpinScheduler not found in SystemDictionary

Should i consider it as an important problem or can i proceed ignoring it?

Thanks,

Dario

Re: Pharo 7.0.3 dialog information at startup

Ben Coman
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 at 19:14, Trussardi Dario Romano
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> i download the last Pharo 70 image ( on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS  system  )
>
> with the commannd: wget -O- https://get.pharo.org/64/70+vm | bash
>

> When i launch the relative  ./pharo-ui
>
> after the opening the Pharo window
>
> the Pharo system open an information with:
>
> Information
> Cannot read stored value of #pharoSystem#delaySchedulerClass.
>  Exception: KeyNotFound: key #DelaySpinScheduler not found in SystemDictionary
>
> Should i consider it as an important problem or can i proceed ignoring it?

You can ignore.  At some time past you saved your Pharo 6.0
preferences when DelaySpinScheduler was the default delay scheduler
and its trying to restore that setting but in Pharo 7
DelaySemaphoreScheduler is the default and DelaySpinScheduler has been
removed.
So its trying to change to an invalid setting.

Probably saving preferences again from Pharo 7 will make the error
disappear, although may cause a similar error to appear starting Pharo
6 images.
Or clear out the preferences folder (I forget its location).  To
handle this cleanly Preferences needs to be more sophisticated to be
able to store certain preferences as version specific.

cheers -ben

P.S.  DelaySpinScheduler had the presumption it was the only process
running at highest-priority, which conflicted some code being added to
Pharo 7,
DelaySemaphoreScheduler removed that restriction.