Pharo 7 Loading stops at Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5

Pharo 7 Loading stops at Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5

Sanjay Minni
How do I proceed from here ?

(Pharo 7 32 bit on Win 10)

whle installing a developed package - Loading stops at
Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5

This package depends on the following classes:
  WAPharoEncoder
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  WAPharoJsonEncoder
  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#delegateOn:
  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initialize
  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initializeJsonTable

-----
---
Regards, Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Pharo 7 Loading stops at Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
You need to tell us how are loading Seaside, exactly.

Using

Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load.

?

The dev build on P7 passes it seems https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside

> On 19 Nov 2018, at 17:34, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How do I proceed from here ?
>
> (Pharo 7 32 bit on Win 10)
>
> whle installing a developed package - Loading stops at
> Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>  WAPharoEncoder
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
> definitions:
>  WAPharoJsonEncoder
>  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#delegateOn:
>  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initialize
>  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initializeJsonTable
>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

Pharo 7- looking for seaside-REST and RFB

Sanjay Minni

I am migrating my 6.1 application (under develoment) to 7.0 -
I have loaded the required packages first thru Catalog Browser (in 7.0) -
Mandrill, Mustache, Seaside3, VoyageMongo

How to load the following in 7:
- seaside-REST - My application looks for WARestfulComponentFilter
- RFB

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote

> You need to tell us how are loading Seaside, exactly.
>
> Using
>
> Metacello new
>  baseline:'Seaside3';
>  repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>  load.
>
> ?
>
> The dev build on P7 passes it seems
> https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside
>
>> On 19 Nov 2018, at 17:34, Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> How do I proceed from here ?
>>
>> (Pharo 7 32 bit on Win 10)
>>
>> whle installing a developed package - Loading stops at
>> Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5
>>
>> This package depends on the following classes:
>>  WAPharoEncoder
>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
>> definitions:
>>  WAPharoJsonEncoder
>>  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#delegateOn:
>>  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initialize
>>  WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initializeJsonTable
>>

>> -----
>> ---
>> Regards, Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

-----
---
Regards, Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Pharo 7- looking for seaside-REST and RFB

Johan Brichau-2
Sanjay,

Which version of Seaside are you using and from which repository?

Johan

> On 24 Nov 2018, at 07:22, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I am migrating my 6.1 application (under develoment) to 7.0 -
> I have loaded the required packages first thru Catalog Browser (in 7.0) -
> Mandrill, Mustache, Seaside3, VoyageMongo
>
> How to load the following in 7:
> - seaside-REST - My application looks for WARestfulComponentFilter
> - RFB
>

> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
>> You need to tell us how are loading Seaside, exactly.
>>
>> Using
>>
>> Metacello new
>> baseline:'Seaside3';
>> repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>> load.
>>
>> ?
>>
>> The dev build on P7 passes it seems
>> https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside
>>
>>> On 19 Nov 2018, at 17:34, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>
>> sm@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>
>>> How do I proceed from here ?
>>>
>>> (Pharo 7 32 bit on Win 10)
>>>
>>> whle installing a developed package - Loading stops at
>>> Seaside-Pharo-JSON-Jo....5
>>>
>>> This package depends on the following classes:
>>> WAPharoEncoder
>>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
>>> definitions:
>>> WAPharoJsonEncoder
>>> WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#delegateOn:
>>> WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initialize
>>> WAPharoJsonEncoder>>#initializeJsonTable
>>>

>>> -----
>>> ---
>>> Regards, Sanjay
>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

Re: Pharo 7- looking for seaside-REST and RFB

Sanjay Minni
Johan,

I am installing by going to Pharo 7.0.0rc1->Catalog Browser right click on
seaside3 and selecting install stable version. From the messages I presume
its installing 3.2.4

if you can tell me how to figure out the Version and Repository I will get
the info.

Johan Brichau-2 wrote

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Pharo 7- looking for seaside-REST and RFB

Sanjay Minni
Johan,

Thru monticello browser it shows

ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.335 bugfix release 3.2.4
Repository: smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main

if that helps

Sanjay Minni wrote

> Johan,
>
> I am installing by going to Pharo 7.0.0rc1->Catalog Browser right click on
> seaside3 and selecting install stable version. From the messages I presume
> its installing 3.2.4
>
> if you can tell me how to figure out the Version and Repository I will get
> the info.
>

> Johan Brichau-2 wrote
>> Sanjay,
>>
>> Which version of Seaside are you using and from which repository?
>>
>> Johan
>>
>>> On 24 Nov 2018, at 07:22, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>
>> sm@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>

>>> I am migrating my 6.1 application (under develoment) to 7.0 -
>>> I have loaded the required packages first thru Catalog Browser (in 7.0)
>>> -
>>> Mandrill, Mustache, Seaside3, VoyageMongo
>>>
>>> How to load the following in 7:
>>> - seaside-REST - My application looks for WARestfulComponentFilter
>>> - RFB
>>>

>>> Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote

>>> -----
>>> ---
>>> Regards, Sanjay
>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

-----
---
Regards, Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Pharo 7- looking for seaside-REST and RFB

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Sanjay,

Ok, that’s the latest release.
However, I assume you are upgrading from an earlier version… which version were you using before?

Since Seaside 3.2.0 (I believe to recall), we made the default load of Seaside much lighter, requiring you to load additional groups explicitly. Before, all of Seaside was loaded per default, which posed problems for people who only wanted core (for example).

The ‘REST’ group is such an explicit group to load.

So, if you load that group as well. It should work.

I don’t know how the catalog browser works, but I assume you can specify the groups to load?
Check out the README on https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside to load directly from the git repo and use Metacello. There are examples there.

Johan

Ps: Seaside 3.3 should be coming up soon as well, which includes fixes for Pharo 7.

&gt; wrote:

I am migrating my 6.1 application (under develoment) to 7.0 -
I have loaded the required packages first thru Catalog Browser (in 7.0)
-
Mandrill, Mustache, Seaside3, VoyageMongo

How to load the following in 7:
- seaside-REST - My application looks for WARestfulComponentFilter
- RFB

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
You need to tell us how are loading Seaside, exactly.

Using

Metacello new
baseline:'Seaside3';
repository: '<a href="github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository" class="">github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
load.

?

&gt; wrote:

[...]

Hi Johan,

I couldnt figure out how to load Seaside 'REST' group on readme,
So could you pls help me with the command to load 'REST' (explicitly) in
Pharo 7.
(... yes I am beginner level in pharo)

Also has Seaside REST been ported for Pharo 7 ?
as I see there is a line in Catalog Browser 'SeasideREST' but there is an
error while trying to install

Johan Brichau-2 wrote

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Pharo 7- looking for seaside-REST

Sanjay Minni
OK ... just managed to load 'REST' by executing in the playground:

(ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: '3.2.4' ) load: 'REST'.

Sanjay Minni wrote

> Hi Johan,
>
> I couldnt figure out how to load Seaside 'REST' group on readme,
> So could you pls help me with the command to load 'REST' (explicitly) in
> Pharo 7.
> (... yes I am beginner level in pharo)
>
> Also has Seaside REST been ported for Pharo 7 ?
> as I see there is a line in Catalog Browser 'SeasideREST' but there is an
> error while trying to install
>

> Johan Brichau-2 wrote
>> Hi Sanjay,
>>
>> Ok, that’s the latest release.
>> However, I assume you are upgrading from an earlier version… which
>> version
>> were you using before?
>>
>> Since Seaside 3.2.0 (I believe to recall), we made the default load of
>> Seaside much lighter, requiring you to load additional groups explicitly.
>> Before, all of Seaside was loaded per default, which posed problems for
>> people who only wanted core (for example).
>>
>> The ‘REST’ group is such an explicit group to load.
>>
>> So, if you load that group as well. It should work.
>>
>> I don’t know how the catalog browser works, but I assume you can specify
>> the groups to load?
>> Check out the README on https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside
>> &lt;https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside&gt; to load directly from the
>> git
>> repo and use Metacello. There are examples there.
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> Ps: Seaside 3.3 should be coming up soon as well, which includes fixes
>> for
>> Pharo 7.
>>
>>> On 24 Nov 2018, at 09:22, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>
>> sm@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>
>>> Johan,
>>>
>>> Thru monticello browser it shows
>>>
>>> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.335 bugfix release 3.2.4
>>> Repository: smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main
>>>
>>> if that helps
>>>

>>> Sanjay Minni wrote

>>> -----
>>> ---
>>> Regards, Sanjay
>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

-----
---
cheers,
Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

On 24 Nov 2018, at 12:30, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:

Also has Seaside REST been ported for Pharo 7 ?
as I see there is a line in Catalog Browser 'SeasideREST' but there is an
error while trying to install

Yeah,

Somebody put old configurations in that catalog then, because ‘SeasideREST’ used to be an add-on project for Seaside 3.0 but it was integrated into main Seaside for many years now (I think since 3.1…)

Would be good if somebody removed that: who knows what to do?

cheers
Johan