Pharo 7 - Method Version Browser does not include author name

Pharo 7 - Method Version Browser does not include author name

Juraj Kubelka
Hi,

I have just spotted that Pharo 7 does not include names in Method Version Browser.

In Pharo 7:

In Pharo 6:

Is it an expected behavior? I think it is good to know the developer name and also the time it was changed.
If there is any error, someone can check when it was changed and who is the author.

What do you think?
Juraj

Re: Pharo 7 - Method Version Browser does not include author name

Pavel Krivanek-3
Yes, this is expected behavior. The metadata-less cypress format does not store method authors and timestamps and because we are bootstrapping from repository in this format, we do not have this information.

I hope we will be able to get the method history later from Git.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

I have just spotted that Pharo 7 does not include names in Method Version Browser.

In Pharo 7:

In Pharo 6:

Is it an expected behavior? I think it is good to know the developer name and also the time it was changed.
If there is any error, someone can check when it was changed and who is the author.

What do you think?
Juraj

Re: Pharo 7 - Method Version Browser does not include author name

Juraj Kubelka
Thanks for the explanation.

Juraj

El 29-06-2017, a las 14:22, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> escribió:

Yes, this is expected behavior. The metadata-less cypress format does not store method authors and timestamps and because we are bootstrapping from repository in this format, we do not have this information.

I hope we will be able to get the method history later from Git.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

I have just spotted that Pharo 7 does not include names in Method Version Browser.

In Pharo 7:

<Captura de pantalla 2017-06-29 a la(s) 13.54.31.png>

In Pharo 6:

<Captura de pantalla 2017-06-29 a la(s) 13.55.37.png>